HybridZ

Whats one thing thats makes your Z different from the rest....

Guest ON3GO

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welll right now im waiting on an intercooler to come in... finishing the turbo l28et swap, then im gonna move onto the bodywork, but all of the body kit has been purchased...

If you can, please take pictures and post progress on your bucket conversion. If it looks feasible, I may do the same. Just by looking at it, the JCR buckets seem shorter and wider, but the length may be an illusion caused by the extra width. I work with a guy that used to make molds for fiberglass production, he may be able to make a pair of molds if I had a pair of stock buckets to work with. I'd have to imagine it would be easier to mold in glass buckets, rather than metal buckets on glass fenders. hmm...:hs:

• 1 month later...

What makes mine unique? I'd say the fact that I've spent more on it than it is worth. Oh, wait, I guess that's not uncommon.

Hmmm... How about the fact that even though at times it has run perfectly well I've seen the need to disassemble and rebuild major systems off and on. No, wait, that's been done before.

Well, I guess its the mysterious thing currently floating in my gas tank and cutting off my fuel supply at inconvenient times.

Or maybe because its the only running (at times) 240Z I've ever seen in my town.

Well I havent been able to do anything to the 280Z yet....but here is one of my favorite mods on my 350Z

Emblems005.jpg

thats awsome! where did you find that at?

to stay on topic, mines not to incredibly original, shaved bumpers and side markers, L26, and 5 speed

thats awsome! where did you find that at?

It was sold for a short time at Courtesyparts.com . Apparently it was very difficult to make and the supplier (Zignalz) that was producing them stopped. I tried to buy another one a little while back and was out of luck.

It was sold for a short time at Courtesyparts.com . Apparently it was very difficult to make and the supplier (Zignalz) that was producing them stopped. I tried to buy another one a little while back and was out of luck.

aw to bad, id love to use one as a hood emblem on my S30.

i might have to start messing around with my own concoction for somthing similar

aw to bad, id love to use one as a hood emblem on my S30.

i might have to start messing around with my own concoction for somthing similar

I was walking through Walmart tonight and an idea struck me. They have the thrid brake lights that slide into an empty receiver hitch. All you would need to do is add vynil with the shape you want to show cut out and then it lights up it would show through. Not to sure about the hood though. I guess if you found a small round LED light setup you could do what I described. Here is a picture of mine in the daylight not lit.

ZPictures044-1.jpg

These were made by hollowing out a fender emblem and inserting a platic housing and LED lights inside of it. Here is the non lit front version

ZPictures057.jpg

• 5 months later...

Mine's special because I found it on this forum, made a deal with a great guy across the country, sent alot of $ and got a great car that was everything the seller (Steve) said it was. I've been slowly finishing his project, making it mine, having a great time with my 15 year old son, and driving a fantastic (now scary fast) 72' hybridZ. Fun! Fun! Fun!