HybridZ

another 7m swap

materchan

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its been a very long time sense i have updated this, but the car is running and i have fixed most of the leaks. i have driven it around close to my house a few times and i am happy with it so far. i have not yet hooked up the ic lines yet so its just an na right now. its loud as hell and thats keeping me from getting more seat time tuning it in the sleepy neighborhood of mine. i will probably end up taking it to a shop and tell them to give me a nice quiet exhaust on it.

the things that are really keeping it from driving more are the fact that i cant get my autometer tach to work right yet and i dont have my alt. hooked up. i bought the tach about a year ago because it's a nice simple black 5" tach. i tried hooking it up every way but nothing. i had a simple 3 wire tach lying around and i hooked that up and it worked with no problems. so i think the tachs dead(damn ebay seller).

now i can get the alt working right yet so i give you all an offer. first person who tells me the right way to wire up the alt. will get a nice box of homemade Christmas cookies mailed to your door. any help with that is appricated.

oh i also got some 17X8.5" wheels to go on my car after i get it running to spice up the sexiness.

turns out it was a bad crimp i put on the charge wire on the alternator. crimped it up then i tried wires and instantly got 14volts. it was pulling about 40 amps according to the gauge at idle, not bad if you ask me. to think i was going to go out and buy another alternator tomorrow. only thing i have left is to hook up the tach. i have thrown in the towel to build my own exhaust so im taking it into the place that did my 76. vids not too far away.

Guest TeamNissan
turns out it was a bad crimp i put on the charge wire on the alternator. crimped it up then i tried wires and instantly got 14volts. it was pulling about 40 amps according to the gauge at idle, not bad if you ask me. to think i was going to go out and buy another alternator tomorrow. only thing i have left is to hook up the tach. i have thrown in the towel to build my own exhaust so im taking it into the place that did my 76. vids not too far away.

What were you going to do to build your own exhaust? I'm thinking of building my own muffler based on the stock 350z/g35/fx35.

Guest TeamNissan
well i wasn't going to make my own muffler, i was just going to use a moroso muffler i had lying around. but for noise and clearance reasons i am going to let the pros handle this one.

Ya there isnt much room to be origonal with the space the left there lol. I am thinking about putting it in the space time conpartment and packing it with sound insulation.