HybridZ

anyone else doing a 4.6 4V into a 240?

PnyPwr

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen anyone mention this, so I might as well.

The 5.4 liter mod motors have a taller heck height, which helps maintain good rod/stroke ratios with the stroke increase. This might make fitting a 5.4 liter considerably more difficult than a 4.6.

Thats it. I am going to do it. I just need to research a little more on the aftermarket harness and computer re-flash, but it looks like I'm going with the 4.6 sohc basic "GT" drive train. I loved my old 2003 GT Mustang. It'll just be that much better in the ol z. I will of course document all work done with the fabrication and install. Just be patient all that are interested. Its going to be interesting. :mrgreen:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much progress has been made since then. My knee is very screwed up which is keeping me from working, and, in turn, keeping me from affording the parts I need for this car. It looks like it won't be out until next summer.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

just curious :flamedevi

I am looking for V8 4.6 (1997 Mustang Cobra with manual trans)engine and trans mount kit.

I can buy 5-10 sets once it is confirmed to be good.

Can someopne help me with that?

JD 310-308-8986

No one currently makes a kit. Once I actually get my engine installed, I can help you out with dimensions and whatnot, but I'll be running a different trans than you (T-56 from an 03-04 Cobra).

Thank you. Could a kit for different Ford V8 be used? And also do I have to relocate AC and other component in engine bay?

I will not keeping power steering from mustang, as I am using electric power steering kit we carry.

www.jdm-car-parts.com

JDM

If you look at the K-Members where the engine mounts, they look pretty close to the same. I was looking at pictures on ebay at them and they look close. I know they are different though from what I have told. I'm not sure what the difference is. It may be the position of the engine from front to rear, like I said, I'm not sure what it is. I have to get my car back into my shop as soon as I can to pull my 351W out to stoke it and to finish welding up every thing that is just tack welded in place. Also when my wife lets me get back on it, I will set the 4.6L Police engine that I have in, to check it out. She has got me building stuff right now, so I can't get a car in my shop at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...