HybridZ

Easiest way to start an 81zxt without a key?

I'm going to buy a new zxt engine on friday. The previous owner lost the key to the car, but claims that it will still run. ( I made sure he has a title so I can be sure I'm not just stealing this thing )

How can I get the engine started without the key? I have a '72 240z, will my ignition switch work? Can I just hot wire the damn thing? Should I just turn it over by hand and pressure test the cylinders?

Thanks

-joe

Try using any older Nissan key, Lol. 5 out of my 8 Z's I've had could be started that way. Your ignition switch will work and as far as testing the compression, just cross the starter and have it turn over that way. Hot wiring isn't hard if it comes to that.

You can pull the ignition switch off and remove the back part of it. This is the part where the wires are. There is a white piece that can be turned with a screwdriver. This what the key would normally be turning. It's not hard to figure out once you've gotten it apart.