HybridZ

280ZX with VG30ET

Guest datsuncr

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jason84NA-T

I don't think a steering rack swap is going to cut it based on looking at the S130 engine bay. To really position the engine well, you may want to consider a different turbocharger and/or manifolds.

As for the VG's strength... it's a non-issue because people rarely push them to their limits. With a stock bottom end I made 453rwhp/484rwtq on 93 pump gas.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
hi guys would some one on this board like to buy electromotive vg30 gtp motor and parts????

sure, if you have detailed pics i have $300k to "play with" and have always wanted a GTP ZX..

:icon56:

• 4 weeks later...

I just started thinking. The s12's front suspension is based on the s130's, so maybe the crossmembers could swap. I just measured the width of my s12's crossmember and it was 24.5" from control arm bolt to control arm bolt(not entirely exact because it was dark and I was under the car). What's the width of a 280zx's crossmember? If they could swap, it would make for easy v6 and even 4 cylinder swaps into s130's(s12's came with vg and ca engines). Not to mention that it could go both ways and make for easy l6 swaps into s12's.