HybridZ

Pinks

Boobala

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An 11 second monte will lift one wheel' date=' a 10 second monte lifts both wheels with ease.

The car will be dismantled and sent to whomever or the salvage yard.

We'll use a whole nother car that's straight.[/quote']

So I guess nobody wants a HybridZ/Pinks I bonfire party................too bad, I thought it sounded like a good time.

So I guess nobody wants a HybridZ/Pinks I bonfire party................too bad, I thought it sounded like a good time.

I was hoping to have like a Jesse James style drag it out in the dessert shoot it full of holes. Then put it in a giant metal shredder wood chipper looking thing. Would make for a good time too......provided no one fell in the shredder.:shock:

There's much to be said regarding both sides of the "PINKS" Program, and unfortunately for me being a Z person, yes I have my preferences. However, that particular program doesn't ring true for me. Old school street type drag racing never is put together like that. The host leaves much to be desired. Pitting your car against someone elses...you just don't throw your pink down and say go for it! Your going to choose your match; and when you do, it's all or nothing. This crap about 2, 10, 15 car lengths is Bull. You run straight heads up, or from a roll of 15 (consideration for parts breakage). And you don't bring something to the gathering unless your out for blood. It's fruitless to exchange any type of decent challange when its not all out war. To those who participated I commend your efforts. Perhaps the future holds other possibilities for HybridZ.

I was hoping to have like a Jesse James style drag it out in the dessert shoot it full of holes. Then put it in a giant metal shredder wood chipper looking thing. Would make for a good time too......provided no one fell in the shredder.:shock:

Anyone???

Just how fast was that Monte Carlo? It looked quick but not fast. A Z with a sbc on the bottle would have bitch slapped that turd. I have known guys who put a city motor sbc 355 in a Z with a th350, decent stall converter and spray a 150-175 shot that would put bus lengths on that car. Unless they can pull a magic cap out of thier butts and run 9's.

Mike

Monte went 10.2 on motor. They said that it had 150-180 shot on it but from what I saw it had a seperate fuel system for nitrous (fpr, pump, tank and so on) and for 150 shot thats not really necessary. I have hard time seeing high copmression 383 on race gas putting out 370hp but hey thats just me.

It sure didn't look like a 10 second car, maybe high 10's on the juice. If the Z ran 12.50's as said and was given 4.5 cars and lost by 6, that would be a mid to low 11 second car.

Assuming each car length is approx. .10 of a second. I maybe wrong but I wasn't that impressed with that Monte Carlo.

I have run 10.90 with approx. the same reaction time as my competitor and he ran 11.30 and stated I got him by3-4 cars. So unless the Z was faster than advertised.....

Mike

I dont see whats so hard to belive that monte ran low 10's on motor. When everything was over he pulled out time slip from previous nigh or so and he said this is what it ran on motor 10.2 then next night they put nitrous kit on it. So can everyone please stop guessing what the car ran I was there I saw the time slip what else is there to discuss?

I dont see whats so hard to belive that monte ran low 10's on motor. When everything was over he pulled out time slip from previous nigh or so and he said this is what it ran on motor 10.2 then next night they put nitrous kit on it. So can everyone please stop guessing what the car ran I was there I saw the time slip what else is there to discuss?

Ditto, I saw it too. The Z was still trapping in the 115mph range in its poor running state. So keep that in perspective when you see the Monte put all those cars on it. The night before our trap speed was about 10mph faster.

Thats pretty impressive trap speed. Damn, I guess it(the Cars) look slower on TV. Was not trying to stir the pot just saying what it looked like. Was the Monte Carlo gutted out?

10.20 on the motor, especially a 383 must have been built very stout to say the least.

Mike

So you guys building another car for Pinks? It will have a V8 this time around right? Like Zfan said, a stock rebuilt 350 with may be a set of forged pistons and ARP rod bolts, vortec heads, victor jr intake and a 150-200 shot would have owned that monte assuming it had a decent tranny and rear that would have made 5 pass's back to back with solid traction. O yeah and maybe get a negotiator that doesnt look so intimidated, lol.

I'd like to see a Zcar.com "L31DETT" Z vs. HybridZ.org "Blown SBC" Z show.

A HybridZ vs ZCar race would be awesome. But forget Pinks, just do it at SEZ or down in Daytona for ZCCA 2007. Race for beer and bragging rights, whatever.