HybridZ

I have Scarab... I want JTR...

Guest Mike

Why not try the fan in pusher mode rather than puller mode???

Thanks dsommer. This is a good idea, but the front opening of the radiator support is smaller than the rear (engine side). I don't want to modify the support until I'm ready to add some extra bracing. I could probably build a shroud to try and focus the air flow through the smaller opening, but I'd rather use a puller fan since I'm adding an A/C soon... and the condensor coils will need that space. I don't want to use a smaller fan because it won't move enough air. A dual fan might work.....

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS THE HIGHEST FLOW DUAL FAN ASSEMBLY AVAILABLE??? It must be thin at the center of the assembly, fit a 16x20 core opening and have an incorporated shroud.

I suppose this is also a laziness/cheapskate issue too. I really only want to do things one time. I just hate undoing things so I can make another mod in the same space.

pics!!

Okay... here are some pics. Don't be frightened... this isn't for the squeemish. I warned you that mine is ugly... crappy wiring and a half-a$$ job overall. Sorry the pics are lousy.

I spy, with my little eye, a GTO front bumper!

Can we see pics of the entire car? Is it a full GTO replica car? Maybe you've already mentioned it before and have pic somewhere else. So I guess I'll go and look up your post history :D

Yea, looking at those pics I can't imagine there even being much room for a radiator let alone fan with scarab mounts in a ZX. Well, different beast all together, so no comparison I guess.

I would scrap the Scarab setup and go for the JTR setup. If your setup is original type Scarab parts, I'll bet you could sell them and recoup the money for the JTR stuff.Anyway, good luck.

It would be great if I can recoup my $$$. The JTR conversion is near the top of my list. I'm also relacing the the TH350 tranny for a built 200-4R, upgrading to 300ZX half shafts, optimizing driveline geometries, etc. I'll do this all at one time so everything is pieced together properly.

I spy' date=' with my little eye, a GTO front bumper!

Can we see pics of the entire car? Is it a full GTO replica car? Maybe you've already mentioned it before and have pic somewhere else. So I guess I'll go and look up your post history :D

Yea, looking at those pics I can't imagine there even being much room for a radiator let alone fan with scarab mounts in a ZX. Well, different beast all together, so no comparison I guess.[/quote']

Good catch:) Yes, this is an Alpha 1 replica. I just bought it. The only pics I've taken are to document "issues" with the car. I do have the pic from the ad though. It's below this text.

I just bought this car from a guy in NM. It requires a lot of work that he claimed it didn't need. For instance, he said there is only one tiny hairline crack low in the nose. It really has three small breaks all the way through the fiberglass nose and the passenger-side fender is broken off from the windshield pillar. There is a transmission leak in a 2K mile rebuild. There is a rear oil seal leak in the 10K mile rebuilt engine... There are many other issues. All these things can easily be repaired. I just hate being deceived/cheated. The dumb thing is... I trusted this guy. Via email and telephone, he seemed very honest and sincere. Oh well...

Here's the car...

http://forums.hybridz.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=954&d=1153322406

That is one fine looking ride. Sounds like you've got some work ahead of you to get it right, but its all doable and will be worth it in the end. You're gonna have a very unique ride that you can be very proud to drive.

I too bought my car sight unseen and was led astray on several things. The "header leak" turned out to be broken headers. The interior was totally trashed, he pretty much skated around that one. The wiring was very scary and the transmission while it is a 5 speed its from a truck with 1st gear being next to useless. The engine runs very rich and uses a ton of oil. The brakes and suspension needed totally rebuilt. But the body and paint are damn near perfect thank goodness, I am no body man. Its taken me over a year to get to running decent and redo the interior. Then of course I've decided to upgrade to LT1 and a 4L60! Oh well, playing with it is why I got it in the first place.

Hi,

I noticed that a couple of your photos show mechanical fans with shrouds. What vehicles are they from? I've got a '72 Scarab conversion and have never had a shroud and I know I need one. I have an additional Hayden pusher fan out front, but it doesn't work as well as it should. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

That is one fine looking ride. Sounds like you've got some work ahead of you to get it right' date=' but its all doable and will be worth it in the end. You're gonna have a very unique ride that you can be very proud to drive.

I too bought my car sight unseen and was led astray on several things. The "header leak" turned out to be broken headers. The interior was totally trashed, he pretty much skated around that one. The wiring was very scary and the transmission while it is a 5 speed its from a truck with 1st gear being next to useless. The engine runs very rich and uses a ton of oil. The brakes and suspension needed totally rebuilt. But the body and paint are damn near perfect thank goodness, I am no body man. Its taken me over a year to get to running decent and redo the interior. Then of course I've decided to upgrade to LT1 and a 4L60! Oh well, playing with it is why I got it in the first place.[/quote']

Hi deja,

I'm sorry you experienced a lying/cheating seller like I did. The car I bought needs just about everything either repaired or redone. I bought this car as a toy... but to drive daily as well.

I guess our country has turned to absolute $#it regarding moral character. If we trust a single living soul, we're fools. All I can say is... when it comes to lying/cheating... I won't do that... I CAN'T do that. That said, I'm sure that you and some others won't either.

Hi' date='

I noticed that a couple of your photos show mechanical fans with shrouds. What vehicles are they from? I've got a '72 Scarab conversion and have never had a shroud and I know I need one. I have an additional Hayden pusher fan out front, but it doesn't work as well as it should. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx[/quote']

Only one of my posts has photos of my car. If you're interested in a particular setup, just click on the name of the individual who posted that/those photos and ask him for more detail.

Regarding my setup: The "partial shroud" on this car (upper piece only) is hand fabricated and it's done well enough. However, only the top piece is present. I need to fabricate sides and a bottom piece to create an effective shroud. Let me know if you want detailed pics of what's present on the car.

I think using both puller and pusher fans in line won't help that much. A really efficient, high volume puller fan mounted close to the radiator and with an effective shroud focused through a clean efficient radiator with straight fins is the best way to go. It seems to be the consensus that a really good aluminum radiator helps immensely too.

I guess our country has turned to absolute $#it regarding moral character. If we trust a single living soul, we're fools. All I can say is... when it comes to lying/cheating... I won't do that... I CAN'T do that. That said, I'm sure that you and some others won't either.

Its a shame isn't it? I'm an old hippie for the 60's and its just not in my make up to lie or cheat. I still think the best of people until they prove me wrong. But lately I seem to be getting burned a lot. I still believe in Karma and think those people will pay for thier actions in the long run.

Its a shame isn't it? I'm an old hippie for the 60's and its just not in my make up to lie or cheat. I still think the best of people until they prove me wrong. But lately I seem to be getting burned a lot. I still believe in Karma and think those people will pay for thier actions in the long run.

I'm in full agreement with you, deja. The problem with our society today is that we place too much emphasis on $$$. There's nothing wrong with money... I LOVE the stuff. However, when we place it at the very top of the list of importance... that's out of balance with truth, honesty, integrity, decency... these things are more important. Whatever happened to a simple hand-shake meaning something. Whatever happened to a persons' word/agreement acting as an iron-clad bond. It's just a sad situation, IMHO.