HybridZ

Road Trip!!!!!!

jt1

I'm heading down to Pompano Beach FL to check out a car. T&S says it's about 750 miles, so I'm going to leave around lunch tomorrow, drive till I get tired & spend the night somewhere, then finish up Friday morning when I'm supposed to meet the guy to check it out. I'm looking forward to the trip, it never takes much to talk me into going somewhere in west hell to look at a car.

My wife thinks I'm a complete lunatic, but anyway......

The car is a departure from normal stuff I look at, it has a big goofy looking rear wing and is a turbo six cylinder. I've spent some time checking out the history and I think it's got potential, but we'll see.

YEEEHAAAA!!!!!!!

jt

Not a bad lil trip. Ill tell you Ive never understood the huge wings but hey I guess thats just me.

The lil turbo six does have some potential and can be lots of fun. I hope you enjoy the trip and dont forget to take photos!!

If I can drive the 680 miles from DFW to Pensacola in a day with 5 other people including a baby in a Suburban you should be able to make an extra hour. Start early and you'll get there that evening, check the car out, and then be set to come back the next day. Heck - you might as well make it a real buster:icon54:

I enjoy road trips. I'm taking my truck, trailer, and some $$$$$$. Some of my other ones have been to Chicago for a 67 Coronet R/T, Dallas for my 71 240Z, and Ohio for the YZ kit I bought for the track car. I always enjoy it, the key is to leave some extra time in the schedule so you can enjoy yourself, and don't drive if you get too tired. I'm excited about going. I couldn't get a pic to upload this morning, but it worked this time.

The goofy looking wing is growing on me.

914644_2.jpg

jt

Nice lookin' Porsche.. wing isn't too bad... just not used to seeing wings that big on anything..

Is NC turning into the road trip state people??? :D

That won't be too bad of a trip..

On the way up to Saint John, Canada we usually stop in Hartford, Ct on the first day of driving.. which is around 780 miles North.

Just be sure the A/C is working good.... although its hotter here and Florida right now :(

It's been tracked, and will be some more if I bring it home. It's got a bolt in roll bar, 5 point belts, and some after market seats. The interior pics don't look as good as the exterior; he says the paint is pretty nice except for a few rock chips. One thing I've learned is that cars usually look better in pics than in person. The wing is after market, it came with the whale tail style Porsche wing. There seems to be pretty good documentation on what work has been done. I've got an appointment with the shop in Pompano that's maintained the car to discuss what's been done.

jt

It's a 83 euro-spec grey market factory 930 slantnose. Porsche didn't build them to US emissions specs and import them new till 86, so this one was imported as a used car. The euro cars are 1" lower, have 30 more hp, have slightly different lights, and don't have any smog equipment.

It also doesn't have any A/C, or a muffler. I can't wait to hear it run.

posted by my good buddy mark

Oh by the way, Im half way to Pampano with my trailer.

Go ahead and pay the guy and haul it back to hburg.

Then I will steal it from your garage, and maybe the yellow car too.

jt

.....road trip not looking so good now....

Go ahead and pay the guy and haul it back to hburg.

Then I will steal it from your garage' date=' and maybe the yellow car too.

jt

[i'].....road trip not looking so good now....[/i]

Ok you win, I'm turning around.

Mike, I've always thought the slantnoses were the prettiest 911's, and I like this color. I just hope when I get there I like it. It's not a concours car, and I don't want one. I want a fun weekend driver/occasional track day car. My vintage Z hasn't brought me pleasure. I've put about 1K miles on it, and every time I drive it I am scared to death somethings going to happen to it, so I'm going to sell it.

Congrats on the Z3. I've never ridden in one, but I have a couple of the M coupes. They are well mannered and quite quick.

posted by mark

Ok you win, I'm turning around.

Oh, go ahead and get it. I'm researching some hacker programs for your security system in another window.

jt

Well I'm hooked up and ready to go. I called the guy to see if we were still on, and got his hot-sounding wife instead. She said her husband was out in the yard talking to somebody about the car. I said "What's he look like?"

She replied "Tall and good looking. He must work for some hybrid car company cause that's whats on his shirt."

%#@&*&%$#@!!!!!!

jt