HybridZ

Faster Hybrid than a HybridZ

WickedWild

This one says it all...

"are ya sure they're actually racing? late model sportbikes will get to 60 in first and, even with an average rider, do it in 4 seconds"

This is a case of someone taking off fast at a light, getting ahead of other traffic, and calling it a 'race.'

Quote:

plan on taking the prius to the track soon to see what it'll do in the 1/4. I've been reading up on how to launch it. This is what I've came up with as the best way to drag race a prius based on only what i've read:

- Charge the battery to full by holding the gas and brake all the way down till the engine shuts off.

- Launch the hooptie in "B" mode because it will pre-load the engine to "launch"

- Of course try to have as little fuel as possible

I think I should be able to hit somewhere in the mid 17 second range. (hopefully) which is actually not bad.

lmfao 17 flat is fast. This is worse than Hondas thinking 14 secs is fast.

u know i just sat here and read that, and i do believe i might be more stupid after reading that. there is no way that car could keep up with a street bike. some people just think they have the fastest car in the world. and the one guy saying that he beat a viper. what kind of crack do they sell out there to make people this crazy?

Guest TegRacer324
the prius tops out at 108... yeah.. i know.. it does 107 easy.. does 108 easy.. and you still get 15mpg... but that's it.. you can't go faster than 108.. trust me.. i tried when racing an M3 down a highway.. all downhill.. only reason he beat me ( i had low profiles on the car) is because he tops around 150.

Are these guys for real? Holy crap wtf? Do they realize a Civic DX would probably beat them by a good amount of time. They can't be for real. :weird:

quote: crotch rocket(i think it was a kawasaki.. but my recolection on what kind of jap sport bike it was is not so good ) vs prius

prius kept up with the bike through the first gear (did this one over in freemont CA heading twords the dumbarton bridge) mad.gif

In Freemont heading towards the Dumbarton bridge???????????????????? Boy the things must have a lot of acceleratin for that 20 feet where there isn't any traffic>