HybridZ

What kind of Suspension system is this?

Okimoto

I was driving on the 405, stuck in traffic as usual when I saw a brand new SUV being towed on a flatbed. It's slightly smaller than the brand new yukon in front of it.

The one thing I noticed about it was that it had some sort of modified suspension system, but maintained stock ride height, with stock wheels.

What do you guys think this is for? Do you guys think that this is the 'new thing' that people are going to start doing?

As in all-go, no show?

Since this place seems to have the most engineering oriented gearheads when it comes to this stuff, I thought I would ask here.

[edit] I guess what I mean to say is "what is this car for?"

cr1 (Small)_thumb.JPG

Whoa. that looks like a full coilover setup like you'd see on a desert racer, but it's evidently meant to look like a stock vehicle. Then there is the hook dealy on top. Makes me wonder if this wasn't a car dropped from a helicopter for a commercial or something.

My guess is for a film truck. The trailer hitch on the back is too high for a rear door to be practical. The rear windows are blacked out to stop light, the accessories on the roof are probably to help tie down a roof mounted camera. The back seat passenger window seems to have been oversized as well.

I think I'm with John. From the looks of the hardware on top of the truck it looks more like the suspension is designed to support somehting on top of its framework rather than the axle. Put a big camera pod on it that is attached to the "turret" on the roof and you've got a pretty good non smooth terrain camera vehicle.