HybridZ

No spark on my turbo swap. suggestions?

I've read and followed most of bumble zee's guide. (I'm just temporarely running my fuel pump through a switch instead of the switched relay)

The starter turns over, I'm getting fuel through the rail, the test light is lighting for the switched 12v to the ignitor; Whats left to check? Are there any specific wires to the ECU I should be checking for power?

Talk about angst!

Btw, it's an 81zxt engine going into a 72.

Thanks,

joe

Check and see a couple of things...

1. There should be a green light in the ecu when the key is in the "ON" position

2. Make sure youu are getting 12 volts when cranking as well. I remember, way back when, I had power to the ignitor and injectors when the key was in the on the ON position, but no power when cranking.

Regards,

Mike

I went through 2 CAS crank angle sensors. when its bad there is no spark!

Holy hell! Anyone know where I can get one for less than $400!?

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?parttype=762&ptset=A&searchfor=Crank+Position+Sensor

Check and see a couple of things...

1. There should be a green light in the ecu when the key is in the "ON" position

2. Make sure youu are getting 12 volts when cranking as well. I remember' date=' way back when, I had power to the ignitor and injectors when the key was in the on the ON position, but no power when cranking.

Regards,

Mike[/quote']

I had no idea there was a light on it. It will be very comforting to see it lit up, haha. (crosses fingers)

The first CAS was on the block, like your 81? right?? When that went bad I got the dizzy from an 82-83 and the oil pump shaft. I would search e-bay, or go to junk yards and switch to the newer dizzy style CAS and you have to have the oil pump shaft as well!!

I've already got the 83 dizzy, pump and shaft... the whole engine actually.

searching I found this post http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=99313&highlight=81+83+distributor Which in short makes it looks complicated and risky. (talks about frying ecu's!)

but if you could fill me in with the details, I've got all the parts.

thanks

Hmmm. All I did was get the 82-83 dizzy and shaft, put it in, plug the CAS connection in and start the car. I think I have the 81 harness since it had the external CAS on the car. Unless they had the external CAS on later years then I have the 81 harness with an 82-83 internal CAS dizzy just plugged into the 81 harness.