HybridZ

Thank you everone!!!

RacerX

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all the members of the HybridZ forum for all the inspiration you provide me with the photos of your projects, whether it be bodywork, paint, suspension, even the questions posted. Also a special thanks to the moderators who help keep this website running so efficiently.

Just to mention a few members whose cars are great inspirations to me - like TerryO-(aka blueovalz - I can't stop looking at your website pics Terry!!), Dan Juday (aka Dan Juday - haha! Seeing your car in person Dan is a sight to behold - Thanks for the privilege of working on it!), Pete Paraska (hope you're feeling better Petet!) and even our young Austin (aka 240hoke) with his gorgeous car (I think it should be against the law for someone under 21 years of age to drive such a wonderful piece of machinery-LOL!),

These gents, their cars and other members motivate me to one day aspire to building something unique and worthy to share on HybridZ.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to be allowed membership on this fantastic forum. I appreciate all of you and the courtesy and respect that everyone here shares towards one another.

Most importantly - thanks to all of you who have PM'd me personally and made me feel that I have something of value to contribute.

I'm thankful for such a great HybridZ family!

Be well!

Ernie (aka RacerX)

Even though I didn't make the cut in the thank you speech (I know deep inside you meant it though:rolleyesg ), I want to be the first to second the motion (...), and say thanks to everybody also! Hybridz is a great place to be, with a great bunch of characters. But Racer X, this almost sounded like a farewell speech, not going anywhere, are you?

I hope not! I've still got a car to build!!! Sitting in the hospital - I was just reminded to be thankful for all my blessings - and you guys are a blessing to me - thanks!

And veritech, I appreciate you also as with everyone who's name I did not mention due to space limitations.

RacerX

Actually, Ernie, we should be beholding TO YOU for your expertise you have shared with everyone over these past few years. You have been more than wlling to help anyone out that asks for it and your a generous fellow to boot! Glad YOU are part of the forum!! :2thumbs:

Davy

Actually' date=' Ernie, we should be beholding TO YOU for your expertise you have shared with everyone over these past few years. You have been more than wlling to help anyone out that asks for it and your a generous fellow to boot! Glad YOU are part of the forum!! :2thumbs:

Davy[/quote']

Couldnt have said it better! Thanks again Ernie for your recent help! hope all is well with you.

RacerX:

If there is ANYONE in this forum should be thanked, it is YOU!

Truly, there are quite a few individuals here that have provided inspiration to others, but FEW people with your knowledge and ability - and yes - PATIENCE

- to bring the concepts and practical experience of painting to those of us who wish to try our hand at painting ourselves.

Your willingness to share, both on the board and PM's/emails, and the sheer AMOUNT of kowledge you're willing to impart is incredible.

I don't make a habit of frequenting very many BBS's, but I always look forward to HybridZ, not only because of YOU, but others LIKE YOU.

I can only hope that in the future, I am able to be worthy enough to be a source/inspiration/guru of your caliber in some area.

I doubt very seriously that I would have started accumulating the tools, Zero Rust, masks and supplies that I have if you hadn't been here to instill the knowledge and moral support you have.

I am VERY close to starting the paint project on the car I want to make my daily driver (something I hadn't planned on doing - I have a project car for learning on), but there is a need...

I don't want to slight any of the others in this forum either, good tips and pointers have been made by many, but the VOLUMES RacerX has produced is incredible and much appreciated.

I only hope that I do well enough to be able to post pics when I'm done.

Ernie: Davy said it right. It is you we should be thanking. After joining HZ in 2001, I destinctly remember you being one of the special individuals that make up the HybridZ core. Special individuals such as Ox, Pete and Austin certainly add great incentive to all our projects. But, lets not forget all that you have contributed. Your field of expertise in the areas of paint and finishing is first rate. My Old School training has be enhanced considerably by reading the information contained within your posts. I am certain we have all come away with a better understanding and appreciation for what you have emparted to us. Thanks again Ernie. VAN

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. It really means alot to me right now. I've been at the hospital watching over my father who has had 3 heart attacks this past year and he had another emergency operation the other day and now has pneumonia. I've always seen my father as a strong man - I'm sure most of us have viewed our fathers that way - but seeing him so deathly thin and with all these hoses poked into him is a challenging sight!

So, please accept my greatful thanks for helping me to get thru this difficult time with your kind words. I really meant it when I said I was counting my blessings amongst all of you here!

Thanks for your time!!

Ernie - (RacerX)

I have used RacerX's posts over the year as an example to my 18 year old son on how to learn to share a wealth of your own information when it is obvious that you know much much more than all the other people on a particular subject and exactly how to diseminate that info in such a way as it is very easy for them to absorb, as well as, making sure you don't talk down to them by accident, which makes them eager for more. All in the presentation, of course, and most people think they have this skill, but they don't and I don't. Some of you know I have tried very hard to teach my son the finer points of being a nice young man in this day and age and, you also know that he is doing quite well (Scholar athelete of Cen Fl, Full football and academic scholarships, Iron man award created in his honor, Beta club, funniest guy award, blah, blah, blah. etc), but he has no uncles, grandfathers, grandmothers, aunts, etc. and he can certainly still learn something from RacerX instead of his old man, and I make sure he is exposed to that opportunity.

footnote: I was brought to the ground last friday night by what can only be described as total hell. I called for God to take me "right damn now". At any rate, I ended up at the ER and the doctors told me I had a very large kidney stone but when I saw what they were going to do to me and how they were going to get it out, I jumped up and left and am now still trying to "pass" it, even though the pretty nurse at the time, said out loud, "he wil never pass it through that thing". Just kidding. Gallons and gallons of water later and I am scared to death because I know it is going to strike again any second.

God bless your father in the hospital RacerX and I really hope he is going to do very well. I know he sure likes you being there.