HybridZ

Please help - cant find perf brake shoes!!!!

I'm more than tired of locking up the fronts in just about every corner because the rears suck. Have Hawk front pads which are nice but the rear shoes are just stock and cant come close to keeping up. I've been searching for Ferodo or other performance shoes but cant find any. Does anyone know where I can get some?

Thanks

Cameron

PS - MSA says their Green Stuff shoes only fit the 280Z where I have a '72 240.

PPS - still #2 fastest raw time (# 3 PAX) today behind the Z06 ... as I've been all year but next year it'll be a different stroy with the LS1 installed .... if I can get these stupid brakes working. I'ld just go to rear disks but I've spend all my money on the LS1.

Thanks for the links. To close out the list does anyone know where to find some Ferodo Green Stuff shoes? Courtesy says they are NLA and MSA only has ones for '75 and newer. Anyone know who sells them for the 240's?

Thanks

Cameron

I was told that CH Topping relines 240Z brake shoes with exactly the same material that Ferodo used. I have not confirmed this but here's their web site:

http://www.chtopping.com/

Thanks for the tip John - ordered a set today. They said Ferodo is basically non-existant anymore but that these are built to the same basic specs as the Ferodos and they sell quite a few into vintage racing applications. They are called 'Spectraone' (dont quote me on the spelling) and come from a company in Canada. They were only like $26 so we'll see how they do.

Cameron

• 3 years later...

Cable, I saw your other post and unless you are tracking your car, just about any quality aftermarket shoe is plenty good for street use. Make sure your shoes are adjusted and that the hydraulics are good. Measure and make sure your drums are within spec as well.

I cannot recommend Carbotech for street use as they require a lot of heat in them before they start to work well. When cold, they will hardly stop you in the paddock. Porterfield may have a compound that works better at a lower temperature.

I suspect something else is going on if your rear drums are not providing enough braking.

Good luck! :)

I suspect something else is going on if your rear drums are not providing enough braking.

No, they are worn and need replacement is all.

Thanks for the input though, saved me some cash for something that wouldn't of helped at all.