HybridZ

White Smoke?

Guest shlby123

Guest shlby123

Im sorta new to the Z cars but please please bear with me on this. I just bought this '90 300ZX non-turbo car with 87K on it and an automatic. I noticed driving it the other day that there was an extremely high pitched noise it didnt sound like it was coming from the engine but maybe sounded like a rubbing noise with a super high pitch? I dont know. But, after I get the car back to house some white smoke comes out from in front if the rear passenger side wheel. Like basically out from underneath the car, right at the back part of the door? Does anybody know what might be happening?:confused:

Guest shlby123

I just might take you up on that offer!! Im taking the car up to my dealer tomorrow, and if they cant figure anything out, what's your beer ?

• 3 years later...

did you ever find out what the problem was? im having the same issue, I just got my car actually today, and everything was fine until after I got he smog with the previous owner. The smoke is coming from underneath the auto shifter and armrest on my 93 300zx. Smoke comes in my cabin and I hear a grinding sound when Im at a red light and go when its green. The smoke comes also from the rear wheel well and right below the shifter. When I driving after the stop at a light, i hear no sound. What do you think it could be. I think our symptoms are the same..