HybridZ

1971 240z restoration PICS

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good.  I hope my thread helped with your mock-up.  I had to clock the turbo slightly to make it fit, but I was also using a T03/04E turbo that required a 1/2-in. spacer.

Mocking it up on a pallet is one thing.....wait until it is in the engine.  It looks like the tubing going to the inlet and from the outlet will have some clearance issues.  I know I posted it before, but look at the top picture (http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/59040-intercooler-piping-routing-under-the-car-pic/).

I would ditch the two 45 degree bends in your tubing on the passenger side.  Again, look how I handled it.  In fluid dynamics, every bend is a loss.  Your boost reference is most likely at the manifold, which means that your turbo may be working harder than need be to produce the boost your are seeking.

The passenger side tubing was fine, but I had clearance issues on the driver's side.  I wound up using a flex coupler on the passenger side (its at the bottom of the "90 - I recall it being more than 90, like a 120") to allow some adjustment when fitting it through the core support.  The driver's side used either a 22.5 or 45 degree bend and a 22.5 or 45 degree coupling to the throttle body.  I just don't recall at this time.

Looks good!

Here are some pictures with the tubing on the z. The bends are going to be flowing better on the passenger side more like a S mandrel bend/offset or if I can put a straight pipe I'll do that. On the driver side inlet I'm going to cut my intake manifold shorter where the throttle flange is and put it more at an angle so the piping won't hit the radiator. Also that 90* bend coming up on the passenger side I'm thinking putting a 45* going up to that S bent/straight pipe to the 90* that's goes to intercooler.

post-2024-0-58575400-1393218599_thumb.jpg

post-2024-0-36778400-1393218642_thumb.jpg

Edited by wickiewicked240z

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...