HybridZ

1971 240z restoration PICS

Mine is a 71, it has much less rust than yours but you work is commendable. I dont plan on stripping it down near as far as you did.

Nice work!!!

I think the color combo with all the red next to the white will be striking.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great I did the same thing with a bunch of my engine and chassis parts, I will edit this post with a few photo links when I have time to find them.

It makes all the difference in the world when you can find a polisher that dosent ream you.

• 2 weeks later...

i used kreem sealer.

first time doing this so it came out ok.

heres are some pictures.It was eihter doing it myself or paying almost $300 dollars to have a shop do it.

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_2501.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_2511.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_2521.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_2531.JPG

it was so hot in the Inland Empire july 4 that i didn't have time to remove some of the leftover sealer so i got some drips. stuff dries quick but you have to leave it for atleast 2 days for it to fully cure.

• 2 weeks later...

They sell a special screw-on fitting for a cutoff tool at your local auto parts store. It is essentially a rubber pad with a bunch of rubber fingers on it. It will strip the paint off (or old dried gasket material) without doing much to the aluminum of the head. Makes for a nice pretty "brushed" finish to put up to your gaskets.

Mark

Before

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_222.JPG

AFTER

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_2281.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_2291.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_2301.JPG

Only the head was rebuilt since it had bad valves. and the block was cleaned from all the oil resedue and i removed the carbon buildup on of the piston.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be installing the 240sx e-brake handle, cables and calipers in the next couple of days. Lots of cutting fabricating and welding. Also i will be installing Ross rear calipers brackets. which i just order. I decided to go with the 240sx e-brake system its more modern i guess and to be different. Its going to be on the drivers side, i was thinking of putting it in the middle of the trans tunnel