HybridZ

1971 240z restoration PICS

nice!

i did the same to a pathfinder for the passed month or so, (weekend job) with a friend..

today we finally sprayed it, and we're waitin for the paint to dry so we can give it a nice rub down so it blends in with the old painted panels.

this is pretty much something i can relate to recently, so my commendments to you! :mrgreen:

Here are some pictures of the hatch with out the original paint and then sprayed with PPG epoxy primer...no big dents on the hatch just 3 lil bumps i need to tap it with the hammer.....

Also some pictures of the doors the brown you see is the original brown paint is just started to strip the paint and the last pictures is what UPS dropped at work, some classic datsun ZG fender flares...

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_040.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_041.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_042.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_043.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_044.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_045.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_046.JPG

Hey wickie, what was the name of the shop that blasted your car? I live in the I.E. too (alta loma), and i'm looking for a shop right now. Did the same place blast the shell and spray the primer on it? Also, how did you like the etching primer? Will that seal the bare metal enough to leave just in that primer for a long time? Or does it need to be covered in epoxy primer on top of the etching stuff?

Hey wickie, what was the name of the shop that blasted your car? I live in the I.E. too (alta loma), and i'm looking for a shop right now. Did the same place blast the shell and spray the primer on it? Also, how did you like the etching primer? Will that seal the bare metal enough to leave just in that primer for a long time? Or does it need to be covered in epoxy primer on top of the etching stuff?

its called Blasting Specialties

10051 Greenleaf Ave.

Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

Phone: 562-903-1090

Fax: 562-903-7464

Activity: Service Company

Year Company Founded: 1992

paint it with PPG epoxy primer the etching will work but then your going to have to sand it off to spray it with epoxy because the body filler cannot be put over the etching primer