L28e To L28et Swap

AE2ZX

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes it is ..i couldnt figure it out ether !...got the 240sx throttle arm cut and messed with piece after piece trying to maker work ..still no luck ..iam going to take a breather and try a again later befor i throw this throttle body acrossed the car port and jump up and down on it ..break TIME .

Here is the spacer you need - 1"

8194955.jpg

can be made at any machine shop very inexpensively.

Here is the J-Pipe I modified and I used a regular rubber coupling to mate it to the TB.

8195346.jpg

You have to cut down shaft of the TB only if it had cruise control. You have to use the original arm from your L28 and re-orient it to match the ball and arm linkage of the Z. Its easy once you sit with the parts infront of you.

Yasin

IAM a Bad BAD Man !:lmao:

A One inch spacer is not needed :icon45:.:mrgreen:..you have to cut the post.. thread it..

put a locking nut on ..then cut the spring plate up and drill a hole ..

take the stock spring from the stock throttle body twist it on there....

slide the cut up spring plate on..then twist on a nut to lock it all down :icon44:....it took all day to figure it out .i am slow but mabe someday my car will go fast..it opens and close freely with good spring pull back and a nice snap back feeling !iam going to grind off a little bit of the intake right where the arm attaches to the throttle arm .you can see it in the frist pic .the arm slides up and down freely but just to be safe that there is NO problem ever in this spot , the corner should be ground down just a little :burnout: .also i seem to get a few differnt spring spots this way ..you can have a stiff pedel or a not so stiff one just by turning the spring and hooking it to differnt spot ..stock spring spot seems to be the best and the stiffest .but you will need extra hand to twist it on there ...iam going to grind out the intake end just a little more and the corner in the moring ..i will post more pics then ...all in all it was tuff but worth it .

if u understand all that it will look like this ...:mrgreen:

throttlebodyWITHOUTLAMESPACER007.jpg

throttlebodyWITHOUTLAMESPACER006.jpg

throttlebodyWITHOUTLAMESPACER005.jpg

throttlebodyWITHOUTLAMESPACER004.jpg

throttlebodyWITHOUTLAMESPACER003.jpg

throttlebodyWITHOUTLAMESPACER002.jpg

throttlebodyWITHOUTLAMESPACER001.jpg

DID a bunch of cleaning today the shop needed it...it was out of control .

gray got his 300zx hood scoop installed on the ae86 .will post a pic in the moring , it was to late to take one by the time we finshed up .got the blocking plate made for my egr holes . i made one for the other spot but , i mite make another i dont like how it turned out ..got to grind out the intake hole in the moring .and throttle corner then get the intake all sealed up with some fittings , pop off vavle and other spots ..a clean shop is a friendly shop so tomarrow should go eazy with everthing in its place and eazy to find :burnout:

Guest grey_turboae86

thats my girl right there!!!

and to all Z owners!! esp you Yasin....

glad to be cruisin around this place, a lot of people have some really nice rides on here, and i really appreciate Z's. As seen there is my turbo AE, that is all to be said

-marc

got all the spots sealed up on the intake ..plates are made and sealed ..have to wait untell the moring to put the throttle body back on ..the part store here had to order the 89 240sx throttle body gasket they didnt have one in stock ..once thATs on then the intake should be done.

Wow beautiful AE86...there is car that is truly miss...I built some wicked ones in my time and this is THE first time in over 10years I do not have an AE86...someone give me a hug...here is my last sweetiepie (I know shameless plug)...

BTW grey_turboae86 - Do we know each other and any specs you can share on your beautiful car?

89877345.jpg

89877319.jpg

89873299.jpg

89870527.jpg

52786557.jpg

86833333.jpg

Yasin

Guest grey_turboae86

Yasin- When you were on club4ag and i was starting this setup i was asking you some questions, and my sign on name was silver_hatch2. dunno if you remember me, but i definately remember your car, and glad to see you here... how is your red porsche?

specs on my car are:

87 sr5-gts full conversion with stock disc-disc LSD rear end

fully rebuild late model ae92 GZE

trd metal headgasket, ARP head studs, big port head

t25 sr20det turbo, starion front mount intercooler

365cc GZE injectors, STOCK ECU!!! (runs good actually)

no tvis, fully 2.5 inch mandrel exhaust, with high rise manifold

with my old hks top mount setup and 7 psi on a tiny z32 tt turbo was 170 to the wheels.. with this new manifold and bottom mount turbo at 10 psi with starion front mount it is easily putting 190 to the wheels!! this thing is fun to drive, and virtually no lag.. perfect drift setup for me

t3 front coilovers with 400 lbs rates, kyb agx's

stainless steel brake, clutch and diff line

illegal garage clutch, and t3 5 link

front, and rear strut bars

no interior and a bunch of autometer Z series gauges

and of course the newly aquired 300zx turbo hood scoop.

oh ya 14x7 -9 rewinds (obviously) ae92 skirts custom boyeee

got the intake all done up .also took care of the water thermo housing .now off to other things:burnout:

intakedone005.jpg

intakedone004.jpg

intakedone003.jpg

intakedone002.jpg

:icon44:its moving right along ..soon as my dissy comes and turbo gasket

then iam really going to need a turbo!!! then clutch and pick up the flywheel .

after that i will be able to putt it all in ...

- removing my motor and paint my bay ..

soon very soon ...mabe middle of next month

mabe next week!!! if i had all the parts it would be today !

rhrhrhrh shhshshsshshhs rhrhrhrhrhrhrhrhrh shshshshhshssh !!!!!! turboo drivennnn

Grey - I vaguely remember you...my memory is slipping! Pardon me!

Anyhoo...awesome set-up. I really like the T25 and your 190whp seems to be spot on. Starion IC is also a nice piece as well. Great set-up. So are you running the GZE AFM?

Whats new over at club4ag these days, I have not been there in ages.

Yasin