HybridZ

L28e To L28et Swap

AE2ZX

when I had my leak at the base of the injectors I could not tell at idle. I had full 20 pounds of vacuum and I even sprayed carb cleaner right on the base of the injectors with no change in the idle. It wasn't until boost hit that the seals moved out and let off air.

I only found out by a wild guess and changed the injector holders.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

after rechecking the rack seats , i can see why this wont fit without the cross member :( lame .

well i guess i can just use the turbo cars rack with no problems ..cant hurt a guy for trying .

good thing i posted about this i would have been pissed if i got hit with removing the turbo cars rack at the last second .

thanks for looking out aarang :icon47:

so you're saying the 1979 manual steering rack is not a bolt-in for the 1981-83 power steering models?

I wonder if there is any difference in the cars with a power assist rack like mine? I see a '79 in the yard and I'm thinking of going manual steering. My rack is leaking like crazy.

the rack seats are way differnt on the 79 manul rack..if you do want to swap it .you will need the cross member ....all the rack seats on all three racks only go with the cross member they where installed with :( I would have done that in my swap but i didnt have air or air tools ...its funny two of my friends brought that stuff over the day after the swap ...lololololo well i have it now , i guess .iam going to remove the turbo cars cross member befor that car goes back to the junk yard..... going to try keep everything so that i can swap it someday .

So if you want to swap rack setups in your car rember you will have to get the cross member from the car that the rack came from ..........

when i put the turbo injectors in i will make surely sure that the seals are in like flin ...............:P

Three words: Breaker Bar Hammer. That's all you need and you shouldn't exude too much force. Just a good long solid breaker bar and some good taps with a hammer and there you have it.

But I'm a firm believer that if a job is extremely difficult then you don't have the right tools. So maybe it be best for you to use air tools.

started her up this evening and let here idle she prRRRRs real nice .took her to the store and back on lite throttle ...i as soon i step on her she leans out and chokes ...injector money got there so it should only be a few more days untell , i know for sure if its just the injectors NOT giving it the right fuel ratio. .

did some more tuning and messing around this afternoon trying to find a vacum leak of any kind ..i took the J tube off and tryED tighting up the manifold bolts again .....i have to say that getting under there with the turbo is no eazy task ......i got as many as i could ..it sounds better but i still think the ex manifold is leaking a bit .it always takes time for the gasket to seal up under there , but for sure its better .i checked everywhere high and low ..

if there is a vacum leak , i sure couldnt find it ...well injectors will be here at the end of next week pretty much out of ideas untell i add more fuel ..or swap afm's

yes jfairladyz is a good guy he helped me out on a problem or two not so long back .......

i have already messed with the afm giving it

a new swipe spot and cleaning it ...

iam looking into a few things if the injectors fail to fix it .

i will clean all connections on everything ecu plugs

afm plugs any and all plugs .

after reading alot of posts iam now pretty sure that fuel ratio is the cause

ie 185cc phyton NA injectoRs are not going to even give her nere the right amount of fuel vs the 265cc turbo injectors...

timeing seems awsome she fired over first try after not being started for 24 hours .idle is great ..temp is great runs cooler than the na .oil presser reads the same as the na strong and good showing no signs of being wierd .....watching the air fuel gauge she starts lean as she gets warmer it climbs to the last ideal or frist rich bar .slowly rev her she sounds fine .rev her hard she stumbles alittle

rpms will climb to 5000rpm but poping will happen if she's pushed .

when slowly reved air fuel drops to or into the lean bars . reved hard gauge drops off the map....

if i let her rev to far i here it popop .i try to never let that happen .

if driven witch has been very very little once every other day just down the street or up the block and back .or a trip out to my girls house ....

air fuel gauge will be at ideal just cruseing but if gas is steped on it will drop to lean or uder lean

{off the guage }i can rev to about 3000rpm befor it starts to stumble gauge will drop off the map below lean...

fuel pump is working great fpr reads 50 psi if revd goes right to 55 or 56psi

if i turn it down to 35 psi .then rev it without load on the motor

she stumbles way faster at like 2200rpm and stumbles worse if i try to go any higher .

i have it tuned so i can get by just to the point where boost would start ..

i can here the turbo start to kick in but air fuel is no where close to where in needs to be gauge goes way lean ...vacum gauge reads strong at 19 to 20 under 0...AS i get to 0 on the vacum G i here that turbo wanting to spool ...

.........O I CAN HERE IT .......IT SOUNDS SO F-ING SICKKKK .

but i got to be real careful to make that happen ,the air fuel gauge

is droping off the map and then it starts to buck and

stumble when doing this ..

did i say i was being real carful during all tests ..i was! i dont want to mess anything up .

all of these things have made me learn alot , about "how it all works"..

reading though posts and learning more all the time .

there are alot of nice Z 's with realy sick setups on this site ...

thanks to all there hard work and reading what they left for us we can all learn alot ..

i would like to say a big THANKS to anyone that has ever posted ..

thanks for keeping a good flow of info for EVERY z owner to learn from :)

mabe someday i will feel confidant eff to install a megasquirt setup ..

i have been reading up but there would still be alot of reading and work to be done befor i would go jumping in to that .

hello Z brothers... well im looking for some help. Ive looked and searched through hybridz for the turbo swap on 240z and found stuff but kinda confusing. I dont know if you guys can help me but im having some trouble on the wiring harness. Pretty much i got everything on the car and now im just trying to hook up the electrical stuff. Im having a lil problem with the fuel pump relay. Theres the Blue/Red wire, Black/White wire, and Green wire. How do i hook these wires up. Like i said ive seen most of the diagrams and posts theyve made on here but still cant get it. The fuel pump relay doesnt click i only here the EFI relay click. Where do i hook up the fuel pump to??? Car cranks but fuel pump doesnt turn on. I have installed a new MSD elect fuel and ran a wire direct to battery and it works. Somewhere ive done something wrong but i dont know what. I know you guys are doing turbo swap into 280zx N/A but maybe you guys can help me. Any help will be appricaited. Email me if you guys can help bre240z@aol.com. thanks guys.

Could it possibly be an ignition problem? I've had one go out on me, where sometimes I'd turn the key and the car would turn over but the fuel pump wouldn't kick in, and then sometimes the other way around. Fickle things those worn out keys.

Probly not an end-all answer but something to think about.

ok now that i read the top part .lolololololololol i thought you where talking to me gollum lololololololololol..

ok z driffter {on my car}

the black and white striped wire is 12v switched power i hooked it to the black with white striped wire that turns on the ecu..... when you turn the key on , you can watch that happen if you check the green ecu light ........the green wire i think i hooked that to the green one it has something to do with the fuel pump the blue wire with red stripe ????????? i think this is a fuel wire as well but i dont have mine hooked to anything .ya 81s are wierd i had to run a switch to the starter ...i have to turn the key and hold it to get the fuel pump to come on and then click the starter switch to fire her over .anti theft :) i couldnt figure it out .i tryed so many differnt ways to hook it up ...if anyone is able to turn the key on there swaped 81 , then i would like to know how to make that happen ...pLEaSe POST it up .i read a post where someone hooked the blue red wire to a power and it fryed the ecu dont do that .i think that wire is powerd but with very little volts 1.5v i think ..i dont know ...the starter is raN though a few other wires inhbiter realy , o dont rember now ...beeing able to start it on the key is nice .if you figure it out post it up here so i will know .but i do like my hidden button .

goood luck .there are others that have done l28et to a 240z swaps .iam sure there is a

way to make it happen ..240z's are so much differnt i wouldnt know.

ALL forums seem to lack one thing ..........cross threading ..

i think that is what i should call it ..say your reading a post and you want to add what that person said to your post ....... you cant do it .

becuase you cant copy paste into your thread because we cant paste .

there should a "quote to a differnt thread" button .

i understand why we cant paste into the room .

being that this forum is ran off php .but a button like that would make it so you could attach one thread to other threads that matched each other ..

so that searching for info would be eazyer and not built on a word stlye search.

What might seem like an ordinary fence:

fenceday01hu3.jpg

Might really only hide something else, as appearences can be deciving.

fenceday02zt6.jpg

So I spent a good 3 hours today pulling fences and then putting them back up. At least I got a good work out.

works for me. Just hit QUOTE, then on the next screen copy the text. Go to your thread and paste that into your reply.