AE2ZX

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

she runs like a race horse .....

however if i push the pedal down half way it will boost to lets say 5psi .

once it hits 5psi the boost will drop a litte mabe to 0psi mabe to 2psi ..

is that the ecu just =ing out the presser being that the throttle isnt all the way open ? if i hold the pedaL down to the floor it hits 6 1/2psi and stays there ..how does your Zcar do under boost .

is this pretty normal ? i have passed the 125 mile mark ..this motor seems real stong .

no i have the stock wastage actuator. i threaded the end and made it ajustable .so i can clock it down later for more boost .i think i mite have it figured out .the lowest clamp on the jtube was falty .so i replaced it ,also i reajusted the BOV ..iam going to test her as soon as the rain settles.

i have a small exhaust leak on #1..i burnt my finger pretty good finding it :weird:

that frist exhaust stud was striped i fixed it befor all this but locking it down any more mite break the threads .i hoped it would seal up on its own.

but i dought it will .its just a small leak on #1 inbetween the gasket and the exhaust manifold :roll:.

i went out and locked it down a little more.i could still here it and feel it ...."OUCH"

right inbetween the gastket and the manifold .no leaking on any of the other spots

just there ..

if i pull on the gasket "OUCH !!! son of B!@#$ thats hot !" but it goes away .. so i mixed up alittle beed of jbweld ...i layed it right on the edge of gasket and exhaust maniflod .

then i folded the gasket up into the bleed ..i let it dry up some then using a mirror and a flat head i stuff the beed soild .

i tryed to keep it real clean and it "LOOKS" like it may seal ..but we will see

ya it didnt work its still leaking alittle Owell can have it all..

shes still a beast she out ran the Ae in the top end ..she's a turbo pulling beast ..

You are bringing back sooo many memories of when I did my turbo swap a few years ago.

The four things that bit me in the ass are:

1)AFM not adjusted right. Hours of tweaking (might have been problem 2)

2)Constantly loosening/corroding connectors causing strange driveability.

3)Stock ZX EFI fuel pump controller cant handle Walbro Pump current.

4)Rubber intake pipe before the turbo was collapsing from the turbo suction causing 0 boost and 0 power under heavy acceleration. (I put the metal spring back into the rubber boot to keep it open).

Nice Job AE

Thats S town park out on the peninsula upper north west .

" AT THE END OF THE WORLD" ..i worked with the city to have it built like 6 1/2 years ago .

i wish i had that pic but with me 5-0 grinding the rail. my knee ant what it used to be :nono:. i have been skateing for 20 years sence 86 .still got nollie 360 flips on lock and i give fools a run for there money in games of poser all day .

yes cygnusx1 , i was reading a few of your posts from days back ...

they helped me out alot :) your z is looking very tight aswell .

super stoked on it for sure ..

your input is much appreciated iam very stoked on the older body style Zcars ...

in fact my friend gray is picking up a old z car tomarrow for free ...

he is so stoked on my turbo swap he is going to grab this car up tomarrow and then get to moding it ..i will be posting some pics of it as soon as we get it here and again cynusx1 thank u much :cool:

I can hold half throttle and get about 5psi steady. It never drops. my wastegate has the 'stuck closed' problem more often then not. thank goodness for the factory POV! :D

but you know this.. hehe... still driving the Z as I'm having problems with my Pulsar so its not my daily yet.

That sucks about the Pulsar ..i had one for like 6 six months a few years back.

it was a tight little car ..the guy that owned the car befor me had put a 4 barral holly carb on it ..that little beast was so snapy ..

i got the boost dropping thing figured out ..hes hold steadys at whatever

psi i put her at ..the lowest clamp on the rubber boot inbetween the jtube and the turbo was falty..i really want you to ride in her bleach ..i need a z owner as a witness ....i cant beleave how fast she is ...i want to get her dynoed gray and i are thinking about trying to get the dyno guy to let us each do two pulls on the dyno for a $100 bucks ......hopfully he will ...

last night gray and i went to wash are cars ...after we got done gray left the car wash frist ..

i got done started to drive out and was like ,

ok testing is done did..... time to get some ....gray was mabe a mile and a half out....in full traiffc ...

i opened her up full sideways drift in to about 20 cars spaced out just right ...a 5 psi pull though them to 120 mph catching gray just befor he was about to leave the hlwy...

she wanted more the whole time ..

burly upper end pull , with turbo sirren sound :eek2:..i think she would max out the gearing and still be wanting more.....the temp gauge never gets to the F mark ...oil presser is rock soild .volts is the same no change ..fuilds stay soild aswell ...dam i wrote a book again:roll: ok ok time to get something done today ..late :icon43:

$100 for two dyno pulls! That's highway robbery man. I'd hunt around for a dyno day type event with lots of people. Many times run of the mill car clubs don't mind letting someone else in on the party.

I'm glad the car's going great! I'm in the middle of a wiring nightmare. Seems as though i'm gonna have to change about 80% of the wiring on the car in order to reach my "no adaptation" goal. Basically I don't want to fiddle around adapting connectors and such, but I didn't realise just how much was different between the two cars. Argh, oh well. It'll be on the road soon enough still.

Bla bla bla...I had fun with boost bla bla bla

Darn you! I have a full turbo swap in my garage and no chassis to put it in...I cant wait to get my Z car and boost it! Some body find me a shell or cheap car near columbus,ohio!!!

Any way congrads on the turbo swap and getting done.

~Alex

My impression of my turbo is it has very good strong torque. Seems to not keep pulling and pulling harder at the top end like my NA did.... but maybe that's because the NA had a lot less torque so I noticed more pull as the rpms went up.

At the same time I am running a 2.5 exhaust, stock downpipe (crap) cat, resonator, and chambered flowmaster. Maybe the exhaust is a little constrictive but its nice and quiet for now... need my custom downpipe to come back from the shop and then I need some money for a new exhaust.

1st and 2nd pull like crazy, 3rd seems to tame up a bit but I'm going almost 80 by the top of 3rd anyway... I've not taken it to 120 and I don't really plan to. No need...

1st and 2nd almost always the wastegate stayes closed... I hit 9psi and the POV flutters which acts like a boost leak and my power drops considerably. 3rd and 4th seems to hold pressure. The wastegate maybe opens slow and can handle it. Some times it holds 6, 7, or even 8 psi. I did an 8psi pull through 3rd with my friend in the car. He said it was pretty good. He has a 2001 Jetta running 20psi and claims only about 220hp on that car.

What rearend are you running? I assume the stock R180 3.54??

I'm running an R200 3.54 now, I want to switch to a 3.7 which I already have. (open)

ya iam rocken the r180 ....untell i get off my lazy ass and pull that r200

out of the turbo car .i would like to get this for it .

https://www.rhdjapan.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1057

Two way LSD

"Recommended for those that prefer hot driving action and big angle drifts"

but that's a spendy part .. rhd japan has alot of cool stuff that i want .

i have to run .i have a bunch of crap to DO today :roll:.

i will be back this afternoon.

just pasted the 500 mile mark sence the swap.everything is looking better and better everyday ...i did some tuning this aftenoon .i had the fpr set a little rich so i turned the wastgate arm down a little .making it open the wastgate at 8psi she pulls better and runs cleaner ..i wont take it any higher with out my intercooler being hooked up so as soon as i find some more pipeing then i will move on up to 10psi but for now 8 is great .everything is staying tip top .

iam happy with how it all turned out :burnout::icon44:

STILL GOTS lots AND LOTS OF N/A PARTS ....

ANYONE NEED ANYTHING pm me .

THANKS EVERYONE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK .....:burnout: