HybridZ

Eibach springs on sale at Motorsport!

The Eibach progressive rate springs are now $189.95 at Motorsport (for 1970-1978 Z cars). I don't have my catalog handy, but I think they used to be more like $250-$300 (the MSA site is saying they used to be $324.95 but I can't believe that).

Nick at MSA says these springs are now only available through MSA as Eibach discontinued them so MSA bought them all for cheap.

Before I posted (and purchased), I searched extensively on this site to see what people thought about these springs, and it appears that for people like me that are wanting to:

1. Lower their car,

2. Firm up the ride a little, and

3. Use the car primarily on the street and can only get to the track a couple times a year,

these springs should be fine.

I just thought that our community should get a heads-up about a good deal, especially since it may not last forever.

I like them. I have them on my L6 240Z, but may swap out for coil-overs for my 350 Chevy if need be. I'm going to try to use them since I do like the ride and the firmness. I really have no complaints with them. $189 is a steal IMO.

Davy

Every set of Eibach springs I've seen over the years always ends up sagging in the back for some reason. I don't know if it's user error or what, but every time I've seen someone with a lowered car that's higher in the front and asked what type of spring it was, they turned out to be eibach...Anybody else made that observation, or is it just around here?

• 3 months later...
Before I posted (and purchased), I searched extensively on this site to see what people thought about these springs, and it appears that for people like me that are wanting to:

1. Lower their car,

2. Firm up the ride a little, and

3. Use the car primarily on the street and can only get to the track a couple times a year,

these springs should be fine.

I just thought that our community should get a heads-up about a good deal, especially since it may not last forever.

How'd they turn out on your Z? What shocks are you running?

Try Arizona Z heavy duty springs for about $200. The spring rates are 180 lb/in front and 200 lb/in rear. I have them on my V8 240Z and my stock 240Z daily driver (future v8). They maintain the stock ride height and greatly improved handling. For my street Zs these AZ springs used with Tokico blues and poly u bushings throughout make for a daily driver that handles really well without spending a huge amount of money.

My neighbor put the progressive springs on his 73 240z and then took them off two weeks later because they were too soft.

http://www.arizonazcar.com/springs.html

Miles

Here is a nice chart. All the spring rates seem to be pretty close.

http://atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/springs/index.html

In talking with Sal at MSA the Eibach fronts are linear & the rears are progressive. This chart bears this out. I ordered the Eibach's, Tokico HP's and bump stops for the '78 280Z today. Hopefully a 1" drop will be just about right for the 280Z. FWIW I'll be selling the KYB's I am currently running. They are basically brand new with very few miles on them. PM or email if interested.

DSC_5667.jpg

FWIW my parts got here yesterday. Great price and service from Sal at MSA. The Eibach kit # is 6303-140. The front springs (numbers end in 1) are linear & shorter then the rears (end with 2) which are progressive & taller. Should have them installed early next week.

Those springs were made to work on a more or less stock 240Z chassis... you can't take all the modifications that individuals make into account...

With damn near ANY set of springs a lot depends on YOUR car...

I have seen 280Zs with complete interiors and added stereo equipment that looked like they were riding on their bumpstops...

I have seen race lightened 240Z owners complain that their ride height went UP^....

In my own experience I have been forced to trim springs for corner weighting... and I have done it more than once as I change and remove things on the car...

for instance... Moving the battery to the rear can upset things GREATLY....

Thanks Mark,

I look forward to your pictures.

I have been going back and forth on the Eibach springs with Illumina's or just going all Tokico springs and struts, but the few threads I read about the Tokico springs going too low have me leaning towards the Eibachs htat is why I want to see you pics with a tape measure.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg,

I didn't get a chance to measure the before but it is pretty clear when you see the drop is perfect. I wouldn't want to drop it anymore than the Eibachs. The ride is just as good or better with less body lean side to side or front to rear. I'll try to get some pics this weekend to show the difference.

Thanks Mark for the pics.

I took your before and after pics with the pole in the background and compared them side by side.

It definately shows a good drop in the front and a small or very little drop in the rear, althought the car definately looks more balanced now. I think you were a little high in the front to begin with.

I really like the look of the front now but I could go with a slightly lower stance in the rear but then again it could be the camera angles as the pics are at a different angle.

Thanks,

Greg