HybridZ

What would you like to see in a new S30 body kit? Brainstorming time!

OlderThanMe

I have had some ideas for a new bodykit for a first gen Z. Does anyone have some special ideas they would like to see in a sketch? I have some new ideas that are very different than anything else seen on a first gen Z.

Here is a sneak peek at one of my ideas. It is exagerated a bit but all prototypes are...I am going to add some sort of fender under the top piece to keep junk off the body.

m49166935.jpg

is that piece open at the front of the wheel, or is it flaring out to cover the spinning tire? To me it looks like it's Baja bug or Lotus 7 inspired with the way you have what I assume is the front fender coming into the door? How is the door going to open without a big notch in the flare? Marty McFly style possibly?

I'm working on a new sketch now...

I feel that the front end should accent the sides of the car so I usually do the sides and flares first.

I like the stock length front end but it has bad aerodynamics. For an autox car it doesn't matter but I digress. I'll put up some more ideas tonight.

Justin I am with you on the front. I always thought the Gnose looked like a plattypus. Or is that my wife; sometimes I get confused.

This is a squared off flared look supposedly sold by SHOWCARS BODYPARTS (Beware !!!)

The last picture is off of Zlalomz's website and might be the same flares installed, I am not sure. Sure does look like my wife's 1995 Geo Tracker fenders added on.

Rear wide flare - 2_thumb.JPG

Rear wide flare - 1_thumb.JPG

Front wide flare_thumb.JPG

Squared Off Flares_thumb.jpg

Open for all sketchers...even if they like to draw 280ZXs...lol

That showcars part looks like a stock FG fender and then something added onto it.

I don't really like that last boxed fender set. Looks out of place. I thought of making (sketching) a front end that had flares like those Japanese GT 350Zs.

Let me apologize for the atrocious coloring job, but markers were never my thing...don't know what posessed me to use them this time. I'm not feeling the widebody thing as much these days, so I did mine with a slight flare, just an updated front clip. I like the G35 vents in the fascia, and I always liked the slim fiberglass shelf-style front bumpers.

bodykit.jpg

OTM, Arizona Zcars used to sell a box fender kit much like your sketch. (Not like the ones in those pics...yech) Maybe the new owner of the molds will produce them if encouraged. I don't have any pics, but someplace I have an old paper ArizonaZcar catalog from way back. If I can find it , I'll scan it.

OK i'll be the first to say that you guys are killing the lines of the z!!!

to each his own though.

I'd like to see a body kit that is very subtle. One that works around the lines, instead of making new ones.

or maybe I should get my head out of the clouds...