HybridZ

What would you like to see in a new S30 body kit? Brainstorming time!

OlderThanMe

Davyz, have you got any drawings to throw into the mix?

Veritech, I used to do a lot of graphic design back in high school and college. Cars and lettering were my thing, but I have been so out of the loop that I have no Z drawings at all. Sometime I will. No time right now.

Besides you guys have it pretty well covered IMO.

Davy

Alright, got a request! Datsun350z asked me to incorporate a whale tail onto his widebody 240z convertible, and I thought it might make for a fun project. He's got a fiberglass g-nose, three spoke wheels, and wants a whale tail. Man after my own heart. Anyway, here is the picture, if you click on it, it should get bigger.

th_datsun350z.jpg

I think I am going to start a new thread about turbo header ideas...

Veritech...your new sketch is interesting...sorta like a mechwarrior...

I sorta like the plain jane style front flares that go to the top of the fender and aren't too agressive. The rears can be pretty wild though. The rear of the Z looks sort of weird with the very tall flat area over the rear wheelwell and then when ZG or other flares are addd it just looks sort of cheap IMO. There are cas that look great with them but you have to get it just right. I'll get a new sketch up tomorrow. I've been a little busy lately.

Anyway I would love a total rebody of a Z that does a european 50's-60's style sports car. I like the mercedes on page 1 with it's small oval mouth. Maybe a wider/lower rear end with a pantera hatch.

240ZR, Which old porsche, and which ferarri? OTM, are you talking about z's in general, or about the one I put up? I have to agree that thin flares cheapen z's in general. The ones I like are the ones that extend the whole quarter panel out like on the blue 450z or the red Monza Mystery car. I think the Monza Mystery bodykit is exactly what I want for my car, but I doubt I'll be in a position to afford anything like that until I'm a famous video game designer...So you like the new sig? It's pretty much just a photoshop version of the hand drawn one I had before.

Ferarri curves and Porsche curves are way different. Difficult to put those two together in my mind. I wonder which ones you are thinking about. The Ferarri GT kit looks neat.

I was thinking that as well. At first I thought you meant like a testarossa or a 308 or something, and I was all "that would look just like a slant nose 911?" I think the ferrari bodykit looks good, but I don't care for those funky little vent things behind the rear wheels. How about a ferrari front, with imsa rear flares?

oh sorry veritech...I meant your sig...sorry.

I actually took the huge spoiler off of my Dad's 944 and looked to check it's fit on the Z...not close. The shape is really nice though if one could be made for a Z's body shape. I think a 3 piece that went up far forward on the body would look good. Sort of like the california wing and BRE together. Or like the japanese Z with vortex generators on the hatch. I'll go dig up that pic.

something like this but a little more conservative. m29650068.jpg

I think this second pic is the same car with wider tires or a replica. I like the formed aluminium...

m29650076.jpg

I have a new sketch cooking up y'all...completely different than anything elso ever done to a Z...this one is very classic looking. This would modifying a lot more than just bolting on new panels. lots of trimming of the underbody would be needed.

part E-type inspiration...