HybridZ

'76 260 fuel lines / vents

Guest harveje

Guest harveje

Plz help....Can I block or re route the vent lines on the original tank. I plugged the return (don't need) and don't know what to do with the vents. Old lines are cracked, and rear evac tank is gone, front tank is still on.

Thanks,

Let me say up front that I have not done this - my hoses are in good condition and I don't have fuel vapors in the cabin.

But .... here is a web page I saved that discusses removing everything. I no longer have the link so I can't give proper credit to whoever created it.

But I do think you're going to have a problem if you completely seal off ALL the vents. Air has to get in to the tank to replace the fuel as it is consumed, otherwise the tank will collapse. I've read of that happening, although have never seen it myself. I imagine the reverse may be an issue as well. Gas as pumped out from the underground tanks is usually much cooler than the ambient air temp in the summer, and it will expand significantly as it warms up. (Gasoline is MUCH more expansive than water for example.)

So if you follow this, please do so at your own risk. And good luck!

fueltanklines.zip

Guest harveje

Thanks, does the parts store sell 5/8 fuel safe hose or can I ask for evap. hose and be safe? I know I have to vent, but as the article says it "is such a cockamamie setup" I'll head to Lowes and the parts house in the morning to try to find things.

Thanks again.

PS I also found this from another member Lots of good info....

magshooterz.com/FuelSystem.htm