HybridZ

Orlando, FL Body Shop Recomendation?

JSM

Personal experience or just hear about them

Yes that's personal experience on more than one occasion. They have fixed two vehicles so far and both were exceptional so that's the reason for the recommendation. Both were minor damage, less than $1,000 repair, so I can't attest to their major collision repair but a good friend that owns a very reputable Porsche, BMW, Mercedes shop sends all of his work their work his way and he is very picky.

Yes that's personal experience on more than one occasion. They have fixed two vehicles so far and both were exceptional so that's the reason for the recommendation. Both were minor damage, less than $1,000 repair, so I can't attest to their major collision repair but a good friend that owns a very reputable Porsche, BMW, Mercedes shop sends all of his work their work his way and he is very picky.

Went and spoke w/ Fred at Harpers. He showed me some of their work. Looks realy nice. He said prices could range from 3500 - 12K.

I run a Mercedes, Bmw, Audi repair shop in my retirement. I highly recomend Larry Gregg at (407) 830-7916 here in the middle of the Longwood area of Orlando. We really don't know each other that well but he has done work for me and I am very particular with my customers that I send out. He does the Mercedes, etc. level of work and has a very nice shop, paint booth, frame strightening machine, etc. and his prices are very very competitive. Tell him John from Autobahn sent you and that will explain the level of quality you expect, as well as, the price control you would want from an "inside" recomendation. For 12K, you can expect a case of crown royal and a stripper...............hmmmm, let's see........................twins.

I run a Mercedes, Bmw, Audi repair shop in my retirement. I highly recomend Larry Gregg at (407) 830-7916 here in the middle of the Longwood area of Orlando. We really don't know each other that well but he has done work for me and I am very particular with my customers that I send out. He does the Mercedes, etc. level of work and has a very nice shop, paint booth, frame strightening machine, etc. and his prices are very very competitive. Tell him John from Autobahn sent you and that will explain the level of quality you expect, as well as, the price control you would want from an "inside" recomendation. For 12K, you can expect a case of crown royal and a stripper...............hmmmm, let's see........................twins.

Thanks for the advice! You've got me thinking maybe I should skip getting the car painted and instead of 1 case and 1 stripper, get 2 of each! THough my wife any day of the weak beats any stripper i've seen!

You may want to try Luiz Quiles at Glimpse autobody as well (407) 426-7303.

His shop is downtown. 2112 W. Church St to be exact.

He is the owner/operator and does all the work himself.

I have seen Luiz' work and it is very nice.

If you go by tell him that Mike with the 2JZ 240z sent you. :wink:

Thanks Mike. I think I will be definitely using Luis. Very good price, very professional, nice work and a nice shop.

I thought he said you sold him the 2JZ motor?

You may want to try Luiz Quiles at Glimpse autobody as well (407) 426-7303.

His shop is downtown. 2112 W. Church St to be exact.

He is the owner/operator and does all the work himself.

I have seen Luiz' work and it is very nice.

If you go by tell him that Mike with the 2JZ 240z sent you. :wink:

*big smiles, I am not alone down here in FL, thought all Z enthusiests in CA, AZ and elsewhere.*

Hey local Orlandians. I am here too. I am the shade tree wanna be who is trying the Z restoration with some luck, no money and a lot of prayers. I am finishing the body work and looking to get a paint job myself. Here is my question.

I have little money (wife and two kids are fine thank you) as a public servant and have to go the economical route. Should I feel too bad about only fixing issues and priming and painting. In real life I would like to media blast and start with fresh epoxy priming but wallet wont handle that. Any ideas, warnings, thoughts, or supporting advice. And yes I will take donations from those who pitty me.

PS

Where is my local support group meeting for my Z activities...

Jon

"just walking the thin blue line" :wink:

PPS

Ernesto, what a joke. All media, what else can we expect. Now when the real thing comes will we be ready. I hope so. Thanks again for the hype Local Media... :-(

Thanks Mike. I think I will be definitely using Luis. Very good price' date=' very professional, nice work and a nice shop.

I thought he said you sold him the 2JZ motor?[/quote']

Cool :-)

I sold him my 9 second stock longblock last week. I have the built 2JZ motor in the car now...

There is a fine local Z club here in Orlando. Just call Tony Roma's restaurant near 434 and Maitland I/4 interchange (Altamonte Springs) and they will tell you when they meet. I think it is the second Tuesday of each month. Be prepared to have your own dinner and tab. Lot of nice guys, engineer types, young man and wife team that are both certified Nissan Master Techs that compete with each other with twin turbo Z's, etc., Racer's, Father and son teams, etc. A couple of them are members here, I just forgot their usernames.

There is a fine local Z club here in Orlando. Just call Tony Roma's restaurant near 434 and Maitland I/4 interchange (Altamonte Springs) and they will tell you when they meet. I think it is the second Tuesday of each month. Be prepared to have your own dinner and tab. Lot of nice guys, engineer types, young man and wife team that are both certified Nissan Master Techs that compete with each other with twin turbo Z's, etc., Racer's, Father and son teams, etc. A couple of them are members here, I just forgot their usernames.

Actually 2nd Thursday of each month... :-)

http://www.centralfloridazclub.com/phpBB2/index.php?sid=7a7820c7b9e375a462d2ffa53ab310dd