HybridZ

another of my ideas...TBI on SU intakes

OlderThanMe

yeah...maybe he just doesn't want to tell us that he decided to run regular Webers...

so what would it take to convert a pair of SUs into a TBI setup? Obviously the big top would be where the injector sits but what about the other parts? what is needed fora TBI setup? I think the butterfly valve should work with some mods. I'll go get some pics

Hey Olie, did you get anywhere with that yet?

no, i don't have the money to junk a good set of webers or mikunis (yet)

back to the original topic, the way i was planning on doing this was by grinding out alot of the internal castings, and unecessary carb parts, making room for an injector. Clearly this is much easier to do on an SU than a weber due to the nice little dome to stick an injector into.

Also, this would be the perfect opportunity to do your tripple SU setup, without having to worry about "over carbing" the engine.

ok, here a new idea.

I have worked on pontiac fiero's a lot in the past (don't ask). A throttle body of a v6 fiero will directly bolt up to a carb manifold! the TB's are cheap. I was thinking of using the base of a injection manifold with the injectors and welding the runners of the carb manifold to it. then just use 2 fiero throttle body's. The TB's come with TPS and idle aire controll. I believe that the TB's are something like 55 mm each. that should be plenty.

I don't know what GM called it when they used it on the fiero

probably they called it junk. just like the rest of the people that ever worked on a fiero. come on.. 2.8 liter v6 with 135 HP that is just stupid. The v6 fiero has 6 injectors so it is port injection. the 4 cylinder fiero was tbi. fiero's do have some usefull parts though. the seats are very good. and it has all the sensors you will need for a megasquirt setup :).

the TB's show up on ebayu some times. but you are probably better off going to the junkyard.