HybridZ

Nissan Commercials...

Careless

Now... the Z commercials of the 70's were down-right rediculous with their superhero like ad campaign and their "awesome" technical enhancement showcases...

I thought they let go of that funky super-electronica technology hype back in the Mid 80's. And you know what? They did. Then they toyed with the sports car revolution theory of the Z32, and how it was the last letter in sports cars. And that campaign did well, albeit not in sales, but in attraction to the car, it sure as hell did.

One thing the new campaign and redesigned model of the Z didn't do was help them get out of bankruptcy. And it is my belief that the Japanese marketing budget was probably the worst monitarily saturated resource for business. Nissan bit the bullet. Nissan's advertising head and art director in Japan probably spent their last cheque on a commercial director and script writer that actually made a living harvesting wild funghi on the side of togue hills. Probably picked a couple of poisonous mushrooms on the way too. and you'll see why after you watch this:

Video No. 1

It's almost as if this guy coaxed the company into taking a page from Tron with which he would perform cold fusion to successfully mold the American salt-flat Nissan commercials with a soundtrack from Stryder from the NES. Advanced life forms which take on the aesthetics of the 8 bit Stryker sword slash turned 3-Dimensional populate the many cracks amongst the dry salty surface. I am confident in saying they're most likely top secret transportation containers disguised as pearl balls which the Deceptacons have programmed in order to deliver energone throughout the salt-flats in various locations for quick-battle consumption.

Now I've seen them all. Nissan has the corniest commercials ever, and I love them for that. And when it really comes down to what I like about nissan it's commercials like the following one that make me remember why I am contemplating to join the road going crowd using one of their products. And it's commercials like the one linked below that really just wanna say...

I love You, SKYLINE.

Video No. 2

Enjoy the corniness as much as I did.

BUT YOU KNOW YOU COULD AND ITS AWSOME. Man my wife just asked me today why did I buy my 81 turbo, she just watched the ad and I told her thats why. It took me a while to find a tape for my car. I found the hit form the 80s. I also liked the part when he puts it in the player.

We we at Nmac for the convention here in TX a few wks ago. They showed a 300zxTT comercial that was only aired once. It showed a 300 beating a jet after the boost kicked in , It was very funny.

Gasoline just posted that one.

it was aired once because pretty much all the cool ZTT comercials were aired during the superbowl.

once a year ;)

As I recall, that comercial was "banned" due to the display of reckless speed or some such nonsence. I did have the good fortune of actually seeing that comercial aired during the superbowl. I watched the superbowl just for that!

Nigel

'73 240ZT

My favorite still has to be the GI Joe/Barbie one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXb2wm8NBb4

EDIT: I forgot Nissan also got in a bit of hot water with this one too, as Mattel filed a lawsuit claiming irreparable damage to their name.

EDIT #2: I completly forgot the sequal as well, I think I may have only seen it once or twice, quicktime required:

http://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-vids/Nissan-Toys2.mov

As I recall' date=' that comercial was "banned" due to the display of reckless speed or some such nonsence. I did have the good fortune of actually seeing that comercial aired during the superbowl. I watched the superbowl just for that!

Nigel

'73 240ZT[/quote']

hey nigel. do you work as a member of ontario z car?

I've been meaning to get intouch with someone about providing some services for you guys that i feel you could use. =)

not soliciting, just trying to help out a club while helping myself =)

hey nigel. do you work as a member of ontario z car?

I've been meaning to get intouch with someone about providing some services for you guys that i feel you could use. =)

not soliciting' date=' just trying to help out a club while helping myself =)[/quote']

I sent you a PM...

Nigel

• 3 months later...
My favorite still has to be the GI Joe/Barbie one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXb2wm8NBb4

EDIT: I forgot Nissan also got in a bit of hot water with this one too, as Mattel filed a lawsuit claiming irreparable damage to their name.

EDIT #2: I completly forgot the sequal as well, I think I may have only seen it once or twice, quicktime required:

http://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-vids/Nissan-Toys2.mov

YES!!! i stayed up one nite and recorded them on VHS!! LOL loved em and thought they were really smart commercials.

• 2 weeks later...