HybridZ

Molding Body Kit to body?

TBK

just wondering what material is best to use for molding the fiberglass kits to the body! Had mine done and guy cant remeber what he used but it has never cracked and pretty flexable but not soft, it was sometype of sandable filler! Reason I,m asking is I have to redo the front spoiler due to having had to remove it to fit on a tow dolly! everything Ive tried cracks with very little impact/stress! but not the bluish looking stuff they used the first time!

Not sure, but I would think it would be some type of epoxy. If you don't use some insane amount of catilist, it should be pretty flexible, But would need to be attached to the bare metal surface. If attached to the paint, the "paint" would come off at some point, I would think.

I've had pretty good luck with 3M's Truckilne adhesives. Only problem is they take a special gun to apply them. Then use a flexible filler over that so it can handle any slight movement (evercoat makes a flexable filler for bumper covers and things like that).

• 2 years later...
Guest bendix
just wondering what material is best to use for molding the fiberglass kits to the body! Had mine done and guy cant remeber what he used but it has never cracked and pretty flexable but not soft, it was sometype of sandable filler! Reason I,m asking is I have to redo the front spoiler due to having had to remove it to fit on a tow dolly! everything Ive tried cracks with very little impact/stress! but not the bluish looking stuff they used the first time!

I think the better for molding is such some epoxy for it...

Rapid Tooling