HybridZ

RB26 and other engine prices

RacerX

Yeah this place has been around for awhile. I think they were the ones who broke the drag record in theri R33 about 4-5 years ago. They sure can build engines, but so as anyone eles in competition like Signal Jun and etc. Great place the site hasnt been updated for awhile though.

I came across this website that provides newly built stroker RB26DETT' date=' SR20DET even 2JZGTE engines. Look at the prices - click on the link to convert Austrailian Dollars to USD.

RB26 engine $47K - WOW! SR20DET - $25K - cough!! $$$???

RacerX

http://www.exvitermini.com/forsale.htm

Hope it was OK to post this here?!?

Ok here you go i found the records.

6cylwww.exvitermini.comAndrejNissan Skyline R33 GTR8.273167.76 mphVeilSide GT-3542 (x2)4cylTony Rigoli PerformanceDomSubaru Impreza WRX8.881154.09 mphITS T72 based and NOS6cylHKSJapanNissan Skyline R33 GTR7.671181.98 mphHKS GT3540R (x2)4cyl

Shep RacingUSADSM Eclipse Talon8.43170.1 mph

Garrett GT42 and NOS

Top is the Australian 4WD record and the other one is Wold record for 4WD.

My fav is the 852awkw run. Please note' date=' that is all wheel kilowatts. Convert that to hp, then convert it to the equivalent dynojet hp (+17%) and you have over 1300awhp from 2.7L.

Then they rebuilt it to rev higher and run more boost. Insanity.

Dave[/quote']

In an article that they had linked on the site, it said that Marco (i think that's the owners name) had no sponsors except for BF Goodrich, everything else came out of pocket. All the race days, etc. etc... all on his own upkeep. I thought that was a nice change in terms of the level of competition they see out there in the class he competes in.

also, It's said that in an interview with the owner, they had said "so this engine is awesome.. how much pressure are the wastegates set at?"

and he replied with something along the lines of "wastegates? there are none. it takes whatever the turbos can give, all the way upto 13500 rpm"

I dont mean to be a idiot, but what makes these so much better than the RB26dett or sr20det, on ebay where they are only between $1500-$4000.

are you one of those people that think an RB26 can handle 1000 hp daily, out of the box? that's what it's sounding like, only after your first post

When they priced their build motors, i think there talking in about using top notch parts for the build up more likelly titanium con-rods and high end pistons with some crazy balanced crank. I think just parts for the build up will probably run around 20 to 25 grand and then there is alot of machined work involved so that will be the rest of youre bank account.

I am thinking there is no way that this would be a dailly driver unless you could change youre clutch like every 2 months if not even earlier then that.

When they priced their build motors' date=' i think there talking in about using top notch parts for the build up more likelly titanium con-rods and high end pistons with some crazy balanced crank. I think just parts for the build up will probably run around 20 to 25 grand and then there is alot of machined work involved so that will be the rest of youre bank account.

I am thinking there is no way that this would be a dailly driver unless you could change youre clutch like every 2 months if not even earlier then that.[/quote']

I know a few guys around here in the 800 900 range and their cars are streetable. there's been guys to break trhe 1000hp mark on stock interals. but really if you start out with something liek the hks stroker kit $8,000. crank rods pistons (this is the same stroker set titan used to max out the dyno in vegas which i think was 1400+ hp and 1000+ ft/lbs the machine work for 1/2 head bolts $1000 than turbo, dp, head gasket, manifold, ic, the most you're going to spen is 7 grand but i guess you could spend 10. after that it's about 2500 in fuel and engine managment and to top it off a true dyno tune for $600-1000

I was going through my old car vids a couple months ago and came across thier skyline drag run vids and the dyno vids... Happy times.

I still doubt ANY single person could relicate how much power that skyline makes. Unless you own/run a machine shop with tons of race engine experience it just isn't happening that easily.

The owner mentioned himself that they'd done extensive headwork to get the head to cool better and that heat was one of the main issues they'd always run into with the RB motors.

So go ahead, hack up your skyline heads to cool better and see how it turns out 8)

And adrianZ, sure the HKS kit would make your bottom end much more suitable and capable but i've never see any skyine close to the kind of power this skyline is pushing on anything close to a street setup. I think the highest HP RB26 I've seen that was daily driven was around 1000 wheel hp, wich is about 750 kW. This RB26 blew the lid off that.

I bet i could find one in my car. I could do 1000gp for far less than $50,000

Ok! I guess say you can, but the problem is is that most likelly just that stroker kit and all the nessary hardware will be about 10K and then add everything eles up like the Fuel Management, injectors, custom build plenum and etc. And were talking about youre supra right? The mysterious 2JZ motor that is has alot more potential to with stand big HP numbers. There is shop on my land here that would be "Land of Illinois" its called www.sound-performance.com check it out when you got time. These guys have build 2 supras SP-01 and SP-02 the SP-01 is there race car and was a street car. I think it runs about 8's or so and has about 1200 hp to the wheels check out there vids. But any how that motor alone is probably worth about 50-60 grand but thats proven to put down 8s and still cruze back home from the track with full interior and dvd/cd in youre car. When the Titan supra is all stripped inside out for light weight chassis and made only for track use. Oh BTW that SP-01 is alos automatic so no burning of the clutch in traffic. LOL:)

AdrianZ,

Did you read my post? Please don't forget these are DynoDynamics (Australian) dynos. According to Drax they read atleast 17% under DynoJets. Go look at the video of the 852awkw, then do the maths.

852 * 0.7457 (to hp) * 1.17 (to dynojet) = 1336hp.

Did I mention they then rebuilt it for more boost (no wastegates) and more revs (13000rpm).

Surely you can't do that for under 50K?

Dave