HybridZ

I have no idea what's going on right now

veritech-z

While doing a google image search for draw through SU turbo pics, I cam across this GEM of WTF!?-ery that just boggles my mind. It appears to be in Spanish, and mine is not good enough to make out just what exactly is happening on this page...anyway, enjoy:

http://www.autoblog.com.es/?p=49

here are some highlights:

golf2.jpg

r51.jpg

Of particular note is this car that seems to have a spoiler in place of a wheel hub? Must be chain drive or something...

osmos3.jpg

And last but certainly not least, the family truckster 2.0:

cadillac1.jpg

• 2 months later...

MH427 - You'd be correct sir.

Indeed spawns of Sbarro, the famous italian stylster and promoter of the hubless wheel, turned mall foodcourt pizza magnate.

sbarro-prn01big.jpg

Sbarro foisted his squeezed blob creations on us for 20 years before being ripped off by the mainstream auto industry and other countless other horrors of institutionally plagiarized ingenuity like the apache and the godless hubless chopper crapsters vomited out by the aftermarket, while he continued to spawn other nameless and pathetic creatures. The true challenge always was: is it shite or is it Memorex...?

177185861_0dd87b7cba.jpg

fotka_037.jpg

sbarro_triumph900.jpg

sbarro%20i.c@r.gif

Espera.jpg

Yeah, see, all shite and actually true Memorex...but here's an unaccredited non-sbarro "tribute":

hublessminichopper.jpg

Wow...hubless...and still crap.

To his credit, Sbarros never shied away from allowing the full inspiration of jellyfish, squid and seemingly countless other invertebrates to influence the design of his rigid chassis sportscars in a bloodless visual assault on the basic sensualities of form passionatately meeting function. Depending on your design viewpoint...you may or may not enjoy his designs, with the caveat that if you like them you are clearly incorrect...

For the record the Italian designer actually has nothing to do with the pizza joint.

But hey... I'm cool with it and it's all good man.