HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

There are a few angles I would like to see,

1, the angle you already have

2, the same angle but from the rear (I.e. not straight from the back but to the side a bit

3, side on (like your sig)

4 completely side on.

If that is too many I understand.

Colours, I really want to see a gloss black, matt black, dark grey.

Also, what is the tape on your wheel wells for?

Is that to protect against stone chips?

Cheers

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just installed a 240Z front bumper on my 2+2:

It drops 40 lbs of weight, shortens up the car, and makes it look better, IMO.

It looks better and seems faster with all that weight gone (placebo effect?) but I still need an air dam (the stock front valance looks odd with the new bumper) and some rubber strips to cover up the holes. Not sure what to do about the back. I don't think the rear one looks that bad, but it is 50 lbs of dead weight.

DSCN1596.jpg

DSCN1595.jpg

DSCN1594.jpg

DSCN1593.jpg

DSCN1592.jpg

Lots of new space for an Evo intercooler! :rockon:

DSCN1597.jpg

Anybody know how to do a 240Z rear bumper swap on a 2+2?

Ha! My buddy Joe over on j-body.org sent me pics of ur car when I posted up my progress thread over there. He has a blue cav. What year is the bumper from? Does it make a difference? I HATE the 280z bumper! The first thing I did was take that thing off!

Ha! My buddy Joe over on j-body.org sent me pics of ur car when I posted up my progress thread over there. He has a blue cav. What year is the bumper from? Does it make a difference? I HATE the 280z bumper! The first thing I did was take that thing off!

That's a 70-72 240Z bumper, not to be confused with the 73 240Z bumper, which sticks out farther. Some people say the steering feels lighter, but I didn't notice a difference.

Why would he have pics of my car? Is he perhaps on kzoorice.com?

BTW, IIRC, the 2+2 is 12.2" longer at the wheelbase which I believe makes the car a bit easier to handle at the track.

That's a 70-72 240Z bumper, not to be confused with the 73 240Z bumper, which sticks out farther. Some people say the steering feels lighter, but I didn't notice a difference.

Why would he have pics of my car? Is he perhaps on kzoorice.com?

BTW, IIRC, the 2+2 is 12.2" longer at the wheelbase which I believe makes the car a bit easier to handle at the track.

yea maybe, he said he found them on "his local forum"

IDK! *shrugs*

Idk then, I see coupes and I see 2+2s and I don't see a difference. I kno there has to be one but I just don't see it. I like the idea of having a back seat. It just seems more reasonable. Plus if I ever really take it on the Power Tour like I intend on doin, that extra room will come in quite handy!