HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I need to get back to it but work is really getting in the way. Its so close now. Need to get a roll cage in it and the rear guards pumped out to fit the tires, then paint. Body work is pretty much there and the engine is a bored and stroked sbc sitting in the shed ready to go. SOOOOOOO CLOSE!

Douglas

Thanks everyone for the feedback. All the cars look great, but I really like the silver 2+2 Zeeboost. Id like to do that color silver on the sides and a pewter or black on the top. The seam would be the edge on the front and rear fender and across the edge on the door. I've got the rear louvers for my car and will probably take them off. Im guessing the louver are shorter for the 2+2's, or are they the same as coupes.

One reason that silver Z looks so good is the quality of the paint, the paint looks Perfect!! Thanks

• 4 months later...

HI Devil-Z,

Its actually a coupe rear spoiler which is slightly modified to fit.

The underside of ends needed to be sanded to suit the shape of the top rear 1/4 panels.

About how much did you have to remove?

gokiburix- Your car looks really nice, did you completely restore it?

77-6.jpg

Is your enterior the original? The front seats look that way but the back look newer.

My car was a show car at the Spokane International Auto show is 78 so it has all sorts of weird "special" items on it and this ugly gold front and rear seats. I would like to replace the front with a racing style seat, and the back Id like to reuploster but Ive been also thinking of some kind of new small bucket seat.

Any ideas on what you could put in the back? Also does anyone have a rollbar in theyre 2+2?

First, you gotta understand that the "+2" really only fits small kids or midgets, so nobody really sits back there. I don't have kids and I don't know any midgets. HAHA Yah...that's why it looks newer (other than dusty).

I do however have sun damage on the top of the rear seat. I guess thats inevitable since the sun has been beating down on it for 30years.

I really don't think you can fit any kind of small bucket seats back there other than baby bucket seat made by GRACO. HAHAHA!!

I've seen other 2+2 owners just keep the seat folded down for more cargo room. In my experience, having a 2+2 saved me a few times when I had to pick up some large parts....if I had a coupe, I would've been $#!T Outta Luck.

-goki

First, you gotta understand that the "+2" really only fits small kids or midgets, so nobody really sits back there. I don't have kids and I don't know any midgets. HAHA Yah...that's why it looks newer (other than dusty).

When I first got my car I was 11 my mom or dad drove it and Id be the first to get put in the back if any other person was in the car. I did find it cramped then, but recently when I had the rear seats in it wasnt terrible (im 6ft). Might not be confy but its enough to get 3 of my friends around.

Also you have any ideas for a 2+2 rollbar or mounting spots for a racing harness? Id like to keep my back seats assesable but would like a rollbar for strength and mounting points.

If you look when you fold the rear seat down, there's not a whole lot of room between the front seats and where the rear seat folds down to. So putting a roll cage or something would be pretty hard to pull off if you intend on being able to fold your seats up and down. Thats just what I think. Anyone else can chime in!

thats not true!!!

i took a roadtrip from ATL to orlando, and we had one guy in the back as well as luggage...we took two cars, and 7 people...

its not that bad to be honest...the seats are DEEP so its actually kinda confortable...i let my friends drive my car just so i can sit in the back sometimes.... plus the rear windows open in a neat way too... :-)