HybridZ

240z to 280z bumpers--- bracketry?

jmurphz33

Hey fellow Z guys--

I know many of you have put the smaller & MUCH better looking 240Z bumpers on your 260s/280s...

and I know that a little bit of custom bracketry is required for a good fit.

But is there anyone who has made the brackets, and is willing to supply me a little sketch with dimensions? (As I'm just buying the bumpers from MSA or another, I don't have the original 240z brackets).

I can work with metal, but it'd take a lot of guesswork out of the picture if someone could throw some numbers at me--so I could get started fabricating.

Thanks!

cozy z cole-- thanks for the link! I read that thread before, but I was just looking for a diagram. But the thought counts :)

And mopar69, nice little diagram, and helpful. Going to order the bumper on monday and fab up a couple brackets. Thanks a lot!

Oh, and I see you're from spokane-- how's the weather been over there?

Suprising, it's raining up here in B'ham...

And mopar69, nice little diagram, and helpful. Going to order the bumper on monday and fab up a couple brackets. Thanks a lot!

Oh, and I see you're from spokane-- how's the weather been over there? Suprising, it's raining up here in B'ham...

Yeah no problem. Will you be getting the Fiberglass or chrome? Im debating the chrome are expensive but they really look good but then the Fg are cheaper and look good still, but then.... I keep going back and forth. Good luck!

O and the weathers pretty nice!

Guest 280ZForce

here's the fiberglass ones from MSA on my 280z...they really make the car look sooo much better, besides the huge amount of dropped weight. I dropped like 87.5 lbs total from removing the front and rear bumpers and the shocks, etc..

just click the thumbs to make bigger...

th_IMG_0004.jpg th_IMG_0013.jpg th_IMG_0025.jpg

• 5 months later...

ok so i know alot of you guys might already know this BUT some of you guys might not... if you go to http://www.datsunspirit.com they actually sell the bracketry for the back bumper and rubber plugs to fill in the hole under where the bumper will go... check it out...... the brackets USED to be $80.00 now they are 95$ so i think i might just go ahead and buy some 2night b4 they go up again..

S31brackets.jpg

Guest 280ZForce

You can buy nissan genuine 240z rear bumper brakcets from MSA for like $35 or something that work for the conversion on the back.

i almost like the hole better than the plug...lol.