HybridZ

So you want to swap a ROTARY into your Z! (how-to)

auxilary

Whoa, I saw the title of this thread and thought it must have been something someone dug up from the archives, but NO! Aux is working on the car again! YAHOO!

I really want to see this thing in person once it's on the road. Go aux, we're cheering for ya.

Im still confused by the oil system in it

So theres no way to get a more stock system i dont want to do the oil in the gas becuase i could forget or something

If you use an S4 oil metering pump (oil) which is mechanical you should be ok. The S5 is controlled by the ecu. But if you use a GSLSE front cover, you need the MOP specific to it, even tho it's 13B. So no using an S4 MOP. Those are my findings.

You can DEFINATLY use a 12at (old cosmo) front timing cover on the front of a jc cosmo 13bt it also has the turbo oil drain built in and also has a mechanical metering pump..

I don't think we have the 12ATs here, but that's good to know. So this front cover has old style mounting (4 holes for crossmember) AND fits on 13BT blocks?

Would This be good for applications pushing upwards of 350 Hp

Im surprised there isnt a Standalone Ecu that has this built in yet

Are you talking about the MOP or the RCE? I don't know if stand alones control the MOP, most people just premix. If you're THAT forgetful, get a white mailing address label and a permant marker and stick it to the inside of your gas door. The write, "DON'T FORGET TO PREMIX" :-)

yeah the 12at was only brought out in japan..a fair few get imported here to aus though.. however they are starting to get scarce now..yes they have the 4 bolts on the front for the engine mounts and yes they are good hp as my rx3 made 490rwhp with a ta45

Rotaries with solid engine mounts are much smoother than typical piston engines on solid mounts. The rotating motion of the engine just doesn't send the horrible teeth rattling shake at idle.

I have several friends who daily drive solid mounted rotaries, and they don't seem to mind too much. I've driven a couple and they were not so bad.