HybridZ

So you want to swap a ROTARY into your Z! (how-to)

auxilary

Guest IZETTA600

i also have the cosmo 2 rotor, out the sport coupe, i originally purchased the engine to put it in a convertable 91 rx7, but i reconsidered the project, i already have the turbo 2 tranny, stage three clutch, poly urathane mount kit, i just wanted to know how you calculated the mount locations. becouse i plan to cut the brackets out my rx7 and use the original mounts.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello Z world

I most likely will not be continuing this thread. A lot has happen since then and plans have changed. I am almost done with my schooling, maybe after I graduate and I am settled down in a house, I will continue the project. At the moment I am just rebuilding an L28 to use with an SC14 supercharger. I plan on holding on to the axle, but I might sell the front mount. I didn't like the idea of using the front mount and was in the process of designing a mid engine mount using the ac mounting and driver-side engine mounting points to hold up the engine before I stopped. Really not sure yet.

• 1 year later...

Just skimming this thread I've seen so many things that were done for no reason and could have been avoided and simplified, these engines are so tiny I don't see why all that cover and pan swapping needed to be done when you were going to make custom mounts anyways. In my opinion it would have been easier to buy an REW engine set traded the trans for the s5 t2 trans, bought a PFC and had a custom subframe made. The PFC may not be the most advanced but its the cheapest and simplest solution to things like OMP control, and misc. wiring dilemmas, while making it fully tuneable.

• 2 years later...