HybridZ

Ticking engine...

badjuju

Also, my turbo is lagging a bit more than usual, it's quite possible that it's an exhaust leak.

well if its an exhaust leak from after the down pipe then u should c a boost in accel... but most likly if u have a ticking noise its your lifters which isnt a big deal till like a year or 2 when u can mrushume the valve... well yea my 2 cents....

well if its an exhaust leak from after the down pipe then u should c a boost in accel... but most likly if u have a ticking noise its your lifters which isnt a big deal till like a year or 2 when u can mrushume the valve... well yea my 2 cents....

mrushume the valve?

it's an l28et from an 81 280zx turbo.

not sure if they're hydraulic lifters.

I used to have the same problem. Could be that a rocker arm or two are a bit off, take a feeler guage and I think the intake is .008, and the exhaust is .010, I'm not for sure on these numbers though, I'll have to look it up. Maybe its .009 and .011, I can't remember. Something like that. But if the feeler guage slides in and out of the space between the cam and the rocker with ease, then loosen the lock nut and adjust it. It takes some practice, but you might as well check them all. Oh, and make sure that the cam lobe is not facing directly down when checking each valve.