HybridZ

Removing Stripped Bolts

BTW, if all you have done is round the hex head, then first off try a 6 point vs. 12 point socket. If that doesn't work, a lot of times you can hammer the next smaller size of metric or standard 12 point socket onto the damaged bolt.

The welder trick is a good one also.

Another possible solution is to cut off the bolt head making it a stud. This only works if the part can then be removed allowing a pair of vice grips to be used to remove the remaining stud.

Craftsman also has a great set of easy outs for rounded bolts. Will actually work on anything they can get ahold of, so depending on the bolt dia. if they can get ahold on it, it will come out. Bout 60 bucks, used them many a time. Just stick them on a ratchet and go!

Craftsman also has a great set of easy outs for rounded bolts. Will actually work on anything they can get ahold of, so depending on the bolt dia. if they can get ahold on it, it will come out. Bout 60 bucks, used them many a time. Just stick them on a ratchet and go!

Was just about to post a "don't anyone use easy outs anymore"?

Plus I was wondering, the original post claimed "stripped" bolt. I asume that ment a "sheared" head or "rounded" head.?

Bill are you speaking of the new craftsman easy out that slipps over the bolt head or the drill center of bolt type?

Man I hate when the heads pop off! Had quite a few on the devil Z!!