HybridZ

1974 260z engine swap

Guest michaelw12345

Guest michaelw12345

I've been reading through the forums for awhile now looking through engines and i think i have decided to go with the SR20DET engine, but i am a college student and where would i find all the info on the exact swap. Do i need to buy/make new mounts or is this motor capable of just bolting right in and i can just wire everythign and were good to go? I can get a place for maybe 2 days to finish this swap and i am at UCSB so i'm sure if something happens i have plenty of materials to make anything i need i just need to know what would be the easiest for me in this situation.

I think you need to do a bit more research before you gona do this swap. Personally i have seen this swap done in shop that took about 3 months to complete. So if you got 2 days to do it in dont even try. There some things involved in moding an oil pan, plumbing for the i/c, custom exhaust piping including the downpipe and driveshaft. There is a place out in CA called Vildini Motorsports and the guy on this forum is name Alex "sr240z" his site www.sr240z.com check it out...

Guest michaelw12345

Thanks for the info, i mean i can get more time not a big deal but i'm looking for a fairly simple drop in and i heard the sr20 was a fairly easy swap and i've already seen the power a sr20 can hold any other suggestions on an engine swap that might be more suited to my specs?

I'm at UCSB too, I wouldn't mind checking out another Z if you're interested in meeting up. I've been reading up on the different motor swap options so I could offer some insight on the different options. I haven't seen a Z in a while especially because mine is at home. :frown:

Here's a link to some pictures of mine.

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=695