HybridZ

I assume you know these are available?

well, IM older and Im sure,slower, but a couple of glasses of brandy over several hours and good conversation has never hurt my results, now Id sure be in trouble if I ran thru a few glasses quickly, but a 6 oz glass can last me most of the night.

and I only rarely indulge,but there ARE TIMES when it certainly doesn,t hurt, in fact it has been known to make things like busting a knuckle when a wrench slipped slightly less tramatic,(and probably contributed to the reason it happend)

now don,t get the IDEA I drink frequently, while I work, on the vettes, I got a qt of good brandy for xmass and its still 1/2 full now in october so I hardly quality for AA, but like I stated THERE ARE TIMES when its a welcome addition

Id bet that a few hours with a tape measure a few brandys and a good welder and you could addapt them to clear, and have a decent set of long tube headers

Looking at the hi rez image on the website grumpy posted, the offending pipe is actually slip jointed. This should make it somewhat easier.

Hey grumpy, I'll bring us a couple of cubans to share your brandy!

chris

Actually I have these headers in my car. But.. they leak so bad with fumes/gasket games I was thinking of switching something to else. Of course I have holes in my firewall so maybe it will be ok someday, who knows? Never ever had luck with cheap headers in general.

But they fit very well with the steering shaft through/between the headers, has slip joint on forward drivers tube, cool. No body mods, great ground clearance and still run an 2.625 x 14 drop base air cleaner under stock hood. Yep angle plug heads too, one tube was dented to clear on pass side, with mods could get around that easy as Grumpy indicated.

I think....The motor mounts are MSA types? The motor is mounted to the rear, not forward like Scarab. The small cap MSD dizzy is about an inch from the firewall. Maybe someone could finally answer what they are, that would be killer to know.

Just thought to post to maybe help others.

Brian

I didnt know they were still available. I guess they are!

10889Picture_27827.jpg

Picture_27838.jpg

10889Picture_27840.jpg

10889Picture_27828.jpg

Id bet that a few hours with a tape measure a few brandys and a good welder and you could addapt them to clear, and have a decent set of long tube headers

I think I would rather spend the money/time to fabricate my own and end up with something that really fits well. Well, that is the plan anyway...

Looking at the hi rez image on the website grumpy posted, the offending pipe is actually slip jointed. This should make it somewhat easier.

Hey grumpy, I'll bring us a couple of cubans to share your brandy!

chris

HHMMmm??... I never figured cubans as big brandy drinkers.