HybridZ

gti-r engine with s13 gearbox in 240z??

jvillarreal

hi, i´m new at this site, i bought a 240z from usa and i want to swap other engine in.

what did you think about this set up?

gti-r engine with s13 gearbox.:confused2

on stock have automatic gearbox with l24 stock engine.

this s13 gearbox fits the gti-r engine?

i want to modify the gti-r engine for output 350-400hp. this gearbox can handle this hp?

other option is fit an vg30dett.

in my country spain there´s a few nissan models.

tell me your opinion guys.

thanks for all.;)

Yes, a s13 transmission can handle that range of power. Both a s14 engine/tranny and vgdett can and have been swapped. There is a whole sub-forum devoted to 4-cyl Nissan engine swaps. This combined with the search function will answer 99% of your questions.

The pulsar engine would be nice if you intend on staying stock as it's the most

powerfull stock SR20 nissan has put out but if you start modifiing, I don't think it's worth it unless you don't pay more than another Sylvia SR. + All the coolant hoses won't line up and the harness plugs won't be in the same spot so,you'll have a whole bunch of parts to source elsewere.

im with alexideways on the sr20 engine being a good choice, unless you start to open it up and do some new things to it.

it wouldnt be worth the extra hassle, unless you have a transmisison to fit it and a deal for the engine, less the awd setup.

the thing that makes the rnn14 sr20 stand out is the itb plenum setup, and the distributor based ignition, i think. and even if that's wrong... if you're modding it, theres no reason to get that special engine.

go for an SR20VET from the japanese xtrail =)

The Gtir engine is the best of the standard SRs. better flowing head bigger head studs, bigger flywheel bolts, better oil pump. solid lifters.

The is no reason to look for a different model sr engine.

But as carless states you could sell of the GTI'r head and put on a SR20ve or SR16ve head (sr16 has bigger cams) and make an awsome street engine. VE heads are nissans version of V-Tec.

Check out the SR20 forum for more info.

The Gtir engine is the best of the standard SRs. better flowing head bigger head studs, bigger flywheel bolts, better oil pump. solid lifters.

The is no reason to look for a different model sr engine.

But as carless states you could sell of the GTI'r head and put on a SR20ve or SR16ve head (sr16 has bigger cams) and make an awsome street engine. VE heads are nissans version of V-Tec.

Check out the SR20 forum for more info.

are you mocking me because I am, infact, "carless" or did you make a typo :(

The only problem that I am aware of using the GTI-R engine would be that the block is the same as the front wheel drive sentras and not the rear wheel drive 240's or Silvias. In short it wont work. Just buy a nice S13 Turbo motor(red top) and enjoy. You could look for a S14 put the for the difference in price it isnt worth the extra money. Everything you would change on the S13 you would also end up changing on the S14....so start out cheaper and you will be way ahead.

The only problem that I am aware of using the GTI-R engine would be that the block is the same as the front wheel drive sentras and not the rear wheel drive 240's or Silvias. In short it wont work. Just buy a nice S13 Turbo motor(red top) and enjoy. You could look for a S14 put the for the difference in price it isnt worth the extra money. Everything you would change on the S13 you would also end up changing on the S14....so start out cheaper and you will be way ahead.

DITTO!

The only problem that I am aware of using the GTI-R engine would be that the block is the same as the front wheel drive sentras and not the rear wheel drive 240's or Silvias. In short it wont work.

How would it not work, I have a friend who took his AWD SR20 he had put in his NX2000 put on a RWD tranny and put it into his S13.

not to mention the dist. will be hitting the firewall and you'll have to mod the inlet of plenum to otherside. Maybe just use the head and use the coilpack setup of the RWD SR's and the ecu from it or standalone. alexideways so us some pics of your friends swap. As far as I know the mounts don't even bolt on and the tranny doesn't bolt on.

I just asked the guy yesterday and he said that he would'nt do it again, he said he did it only because he allready had the engin and he had to fab. mounts and mod. the cross member,

used a greedy intake and coilpacks just as stated above so, in the end, he would'nt recomend it.

He did'nt say anything about the tranny not fitting though.