HybridZ

250 GTO Owners Thread

Duke

It looks as though there was a tray in front of the radiator (damaged in this photo) forcing air through the radiator rather than spilling out underneath. A second larger tray in the centre section, possibly to minimise air turbulence. Neither I would describe as 'dams', though I bow to Mr Pourrer's terminology, and certainly not any form of diffuser.

250GTOunderside1_zps5aa1f5b7.jpg

Edited by Boy from Oz

Call me blind or dense, but i do not see any air dams, diffusers, splitters, underbody spoilers,etc.  I see a body pan that has a few cutouts that may be intakes for cooling, air routing, or mechanical,clearance. It would be neat to see a factory delivered vehicle clearly from the bottom but that probably will not happen.  Any racing team could add spoilers, etc, and probably did.     However, neat photo and does add info to my limited data base.  Thanks.  BTW not trying to be combative just don't see it.

• 1 month later...

Wes; I was fortunate to be able to spend a concentrated amount of time working on this.  When I get the car back from the body shop I will need to install hydraulics, interior, electrical and engine systems.  A lot done but a lot more to do.  Hang in there your car was looking pretty good the last I saw it.  Keep me up to speed.

Edited by Kclank

Lovin' the unique details Ken.

Where did you find those back-up lights... it looks like they where made specifically for the slope of the rear valance.  I like the lights in the round vents...makes for a completely custom look up front... are they turn signals or running lights?  Did you make all the trim pieces (oval front opening, light cover trim rings, brake vent grills) yourself?  They really add that finished factory look.

I'm still stuck in primer, and will be for the foreseeable future.  Just too much to do around the new digs.

This is what she looks like currently.

post-4015-0-95365500-1416286502_thumb.jpg

Lovin' the unique details Ken.

Where did you find those back-up lights... it looks like they where made specifically for the slope of the rear valance.  I like the lights in the round vents...makes for a completely custom look up front... are they turn signals or running lights?  Did you make all the trim pieces (oval front opening, light cover trim rings, brake vent grills) yourself?  They really add that finished factory look.

I'm still stuck in primer, and will be for the foreseeable future.  Just too much to do around the new digs.

This is what she looks like currently.

attachicon.gif20141018_133227.jpg

Thanks for the kudos Wes.  The back up lights are from a Mustang, don't know the year.  The round valence lights are projector driving lights from Autozone, .  The are mounted to float in the opening to allow air to flow around them, for cooling the lights, and so residual air can pass to the brakes,  The vent and grill material was specified and purchased by me then installed by the body shop at my direction.  The mesh and black trim comes from a company called "customcargrills.com".  The shiney metal headlight, grill and trim pieces came from Thunder Ranch back when people answered the phone and emails.  Lotsa luck now unless you walk into their shop and tell them they have them.  Only cost 2 small children and a goat.   The metal hinges and latch button on the rear hatch were provided by John Washington.  At least you can drive your car until you finish the pretty parts.  I went the other road of finishing the chassis and body first.  I realy love your Rota wheels but I wanted to stay with a narrow wheel on the front (7"). The engine/trans/interior work is going to keep me off the road for many months.  Oh well I can stare at it in my shop and dream.  I am going to be tearing down and building a house over the next year so I expect my car work will slow down.  That and my shop is very cold (Port Angeles, Wa. ), so that slows an old man like me since when the temps are in the 30's I don't move so well.

Edited by Kclank

• 3 weeks later...

there's a guy in FL that is selling the reprodution hood clamps, called Don Peckelton, and he used to own ##3527GT.  Isn't that neat?  I'd have a milion questions for him, like can I borrow his number to number my car 4343527GT, or something (my vin is HLS30-434056.  He mentioned Joe Alphabet came to look at his car...

Edited by TomoHawk

I'm back in the hunt for a 250 GTO. I've placed a "wanted ad" on the forum, but thought I would give a shout here as well. Still looking for a McBurnie or Scorpion GTZ conversion. Ideally it would be a complete, running, rust-free example. Prefer manual trans. V8 okay if done right. Any info, leads, discussions welcomed. Thanks

Edited by mono

My car is going into the shop finally and I couldn't find my hood hinges.  I think I sold them to a Corvette guy.

Do you remember what year Corvette were used for the GTO hood hinges?  It's not mentioned in the Blue Ray assembly manual. Would you happen to have any more photos than the two of the improved hood hinge mounting bracket?

The drawings of the door handle bracket were very helpful too.  I just need to buy more Honda key blanks.

Thanks and Merry Christmas everybody

Edited by TomoHawk

TomoHawk - I believe the hinges are from a 1963 to 1967 Corvette.   I assume you are talking about these two photos. 

Right Hand Corvette Hood Hinge Mounting Plate on Ferrari GTO Kit

Right Hand Corvette Hood Hinge on Ferrari GTO Kit

I have a Alpha 1 GTO so my hood hinge setup is custom and different from the one on a Blue Ray.  I think the Blue Ray setup uses the same hinges but mounted to the radiator support. 

Merry Christmas to you too!