HybridZ

250 GTO Owners Thread

Duke

It's finished!!!! Well, it runs terrible and has a multitude of electrical issues. But...it's on the road!!! :) The hood was finally painted 2 weeks ago and the exhaust went in last Fri. I'll spend the rest of this summer working out all the bugs and just enjoying it. And before anyone says anything, "Yes" I will post pics just as soon as I return to Toronto.

It's finished!!!! Well, it runs terrible and has a multitude of electrical issues. But...it's on the road!!! :) The hood was finally painted 2 weeks ago and the exhaust went in last Fri. I'll spend the rest of this summer working out all the bugs and just enjoying it. And before anyone says anything, "Yes" I will post pics just as soon as I return to Toronto.

Congrats!!!

can't wait to see it!

Yeaaaaaaaaaa! pics!

It looks goooood (you need to make the pics larger). I love seeing the different interpretations of this car. Con Brio, you have gone the way I'm taking my build, kind of what this car might be if Enzo decided to produce the 250 as a street car and add it to the Ferrari line-up. Mine of course will have the convertible option which did not come out until 65' :)

I love the grill you chose. It has that 60's Aston Martin, Ferrari, Jag feeling...very cool.

I have been considering ways to make the car look a little more current without violating the overall appearance of the car. I do like what you did with the grill. What did you use for grill material? Not that I would copy it, but, it may give me other ideas.

Thanks guys...

The grill was surprisingly easy to fabricate. I used a piece of 2' aluminum stock, needed about 8'. Then cut it into lengths, notched it and welded the joints on the backside. Then to eliminate any irregularities I ran a sander over the front to level it out. Took the idea/design from some of the later models (348 etc). To do it again I would have made the holes (rectangular openings) a little bigger, 1/4 inch wider. And started with a strip in the centre working my way out.

Cleaned the engine compartment today. Welded in some of the extra holes and installed a remote oil filter system (dual). Organized some of the wiring harness a bit better and changed a few AN fittings and braided lines.

• 3 weeks later...