HybridZ

250 GTO Owners Thread

Duke

Thank you!! I've actually been looking at used Centerline Draglites and found some excellent deals. However, they're all 5-lug. Buying the 5-lug adapters and used Draglites is cheaper than buying new 4-lug wheels without the adapters. I'll be happy to find the right sized wheels within a half inch of the correct backspace.

Go to Centerline Wheels website. They have several options that fit the Z 4 lug pattern and can custom offset what you want. Some of the options actually look nice on a GTO. I photoshopped a couple.

Thank you!! I've actually been looking at used Centerline Draglites and found some excellent deals. However, they're all 5-lug. Buying the 5-lug adapters and used Draglites is cheaper than buying new 4-lug wheels without the adapters. I'll be happy to find the right sized wheels within a half inch of the correct backspace.

I have a set of 4 lug Centerlines that I'll be selling. Don't know if you'd be interested. They are 15x10 front and 15x12 rear.

2008 Nov -Dec_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like the seller is Tom, but it's not Scorpion body though - nose is a stretched Alpha1, note the large openings in front (grille, 3 cooling inlets, and brake cooling inlets) and the cowl panel where the wipers are. Pretty sure rear clip is a hybrid of Tom's taillight area/ spoiler and trunk kit with Alpha1 rear fenders. It may not be his taillight section though as it seems to me Tom's taillight section looked more accurate though. This car was listed maybe two years ago incomplete (but painted) nice to see it's closer to finished :) I like some of the interior touches quite a bit too

I saved the auction page a couple years ago - will see if I can find it. Maybe he bought it when it was listed before and finished it. If so then I guess technically it is a Scorpionz car.. lol..

:)

found it.

It was in Elk Grove California and on ebay April 2007

Here is the description that was listed at that time and the email address of the original seller. It was being sold painted but not completed (no glass, interior, trim installed at that time)

Just posting that in case anyone here is interested so they have the history car was listed at that time with a buy it now of $79k ebay seller ID "my4ree"

I have pics of the car under construction if anyone wants them

Best,

Chelle

text in original auction:

"Item Specifics - Cars & Trucks

1962 Replica/Kit Makes : 250 gto

250 gto replica collector car vintage ferr@ri look

Miles: 0 Body Type: Coupe

Transmission: Manual

Engine: 8 Interior: Other

Warranty: No Year: 1962

Title: Clear VIN Number: HLS30131690

Condition: Used Exterior: Silver

Fuel Type: Gasoline Inspection: --

Options Power Locks

Vehicle Description

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!!!!!!!

Up for sale today is a one off recreation of the infamous 1962 250 GTO. Many hours of blood, sweat and tears have gone into this car. Every item on this car has been stripped down to the frame. The frame is a 1973 Datssun 240Z. As seen in the pictures provided the car has been lengthened to authentic proportions. I had the car sold to buyer in Arizona who left me a deposit then could not come up with the balance ($96,000). So please, if you're bidding, bid with confidence. The vehicle shown comes with stock suspension, but to the winning bidder goes new suspension and brakes also shown in the pictures below. The reason being I don't want the car sitting on new suspension until delivered.

Also to the winning bidder goes the interior of their choice. The previous buyer chose the interior in the picture below which is from a real GTO. The vehicle is in the final stages of completion. Windshield and rear window will be installed after interior is complete.

Body: Great measures have been taken to ensure the body style comes close to original.

1- hood has been converted to smaller size like original

2- leather strap, hood clamps and air vents all custom made

3- front fenders have been lengthened (this car is longer and stronger than teh original 240Z!)

4- upper doors have been cut and set back further

5- new gas cap has been rerouted to rear of vehicle

6-fender, rear body moldings and spoiler all custom made to original

7- rear vents have been modified to original size

8- 3 coats of PPG paint, blue racing stripe with white accent (not pinstripe)

9- racing number plates have been provided on both doors and rear trunk lid in two different sizes

10- all stickers and logos are to the original

11- head lights also come with crome trim (not yet installed)

12- fog lights not yet installed but included

13- door, trunck locks and gas cap recreated to original

14- custom painted borani style rim with new Dunlop tires like original

Interior:

1- custom blue racing seats

2- 5 point seat belts

3- roll bar

4- custom made dash all to original size

5- autometer carbon fiber gauges

6- authentic Ferrari steering wheel with center cap

7- custom made recreation shift cap to original design

8- key and push button start/LED switches on dash

9- custom interior to winning bidder

10- chrome fire extinguisher

11- custom lined doors with hydrolic locking system

Engine and Transmission:

1- Chevy 350/312 hp

2- custom designed motor mouns

3- Ferrari red painted engine block

4- all chrome accessories

5- freshly painted engine compartment and undercarriage

6- custom installed radiator

7- T5 transmission

8- R200 rear end

9- Borla exhaust tips

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PICTURE OF THE INTERIOR IS OF AN ACTUAL 250 GTO AND IS ONLY AN EXAPLE OF WHAT I CAN DO.

On a final note I would like to point out that this vehicle is nothing like the average cheesy kit car. Most other replicas do not come as complete as mine, they usually have 240Z interiors, the wrong back and front ends, wrong rims, tires etc.. This car is a real head turner and will be a great vehicle for someones collection, only it won't cost you 15 million dollars!

Special thanks to Tom, formally the owner of Scorpion Z Cars. The man is a superb auto judge, extreamly knowlegable and over-all awesome human being.

Many more pictures available!!!!!!!! Please email me at polopayk@hotmail.com thanks and bid with confidence."

4- upper doors have been cut and set back further

..."

???

I am toying with the idea of leveling-off the top of the door (window) frame to fit sliding windows and extending the roof line down to compensate. I thought that's what the statement above implied, but it does not appear to be the case judging by the photos. Can anyone explain what the statement meant?

that was just the unedited text from the 2007 auction. Perhaps he was referring to cutting back the drip rails because I agree with you - don't really see anything to indicate the door itself is cut.

I made some sliders using the stock door glass frames. I had to fill in the top a little to level it, but would rather have new door glass frames entirely.

Chelle

hello all , i just wanted everyone to know that a ferrari 250 gto replica is on ebay for sale now , it belongs to a customer of mine , it is custom stretched and v8 powered , a must see car ,beautiful job done ,car is almost completed , only a couple small items to do

ebay # 140294566005

if anyone has any questions for the car please email or call me as i am selling the car for this owner .

425 418 4860

11573_thumb.attach

• 3 weeks later...

Hot Wheels is making a "new" minature of the 250 GTO. And it comes in Black with tan interior. :) I'm not sure of all the color combinations out there but I think I might have the only Black exterior/tan interior replica (please correct me if I'm wrong). I know the majority of you have red and I've seen blue, silver, white, yellow, green and others in black. The good news is they come in red too.

250gto1_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Zerrari, I will I promise. Currently in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam on contract and it's too cold for me to go back to Canada on my 2 week leave. Next time I get back home I'll shine it up and get some better photos posted. In the mean time keep the pics of your car coming. I like to see the progress everyone is making.

Kind Regards

With the cost involved I feel like I have been a one-man stimulus package, but I have my Daytons ... well two of them anyway, and I have some information which may be of interest. Back in an earlier post I stated I wanted to keep to the original look as much as possible and I was hoping to fit 6" fronts and 7" rears. If that did not work I could go for the 7" front and 8" rear. With many folks running up to 10" rears I expected I would have to lengthen the rear control arm to widen the track but I wasn't sure by how much. To be safe I purchased the 7" rims first.

Well surprise, surprise ... The 7" reverse-laced rims fit the rear perfectly. These rims have a 2" backspace which means a 6" frontspace (a 7" rim is actually 8" in overall width, as I'm sure you know). I contacted a GTO kit owner and it was confirmed that the 10" rims only have the same 6" frontspace but have a deeper backspace. In my view this means the critical measurement on GTO rear rims is the frontspace distance - 6" frontspace if you want the rim 1" in from the lip of the guard or 7" frontspace if you want them flush.

Having sample fitted the 7" rims to the front I'm confident the reverse-laced 6" rims should fit perfectly on the front. Also important to state I went for 16" rims so that I can fit this parking brake. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=141819

By the way that's the finish colour but the flash has made them appear a little paler - I kinda like the Targa Floria look.

... it's too cold for me to go back to Canada on my 2 week leave...

Come down here for your R&R, just like the old Vietnam days. It's bloody hot I can tell you.

Dayton rear dimension 3_thumb.jpg

Daytons 7 c_thumb.jpg

Daytons 7 e_thumb.jpg

Picture 054 a_thumb.jpg

Hey guys..... I'm working on a new project.. trying to decide but I MAY be selling the GTO, or the drivetrain.. I have a new V12 and lotta things I wanted to do do different... so I'm trying to decide if I just put the new drivetrain in the red car and make some changes or start over completely...

I'll be deciding in the next two weeks but wanted to put that out there - that the red GTO is either gonna be for sale or it's drivetrain will be. If I sell the drivetrain it'll include everything, computer, engine, trans, exhaust, etc... PM me if anyone is interested in either the drivetrain or whole car

Best,

Michelle

The VR in San Diego has potential for a project for anyone looking to have a lot of the work already done. A close inspection on the build would be required but for the price it's a great place to start. Inspect the usual Z problem areas and how the uni-body was reinforced.

• 3 weeks later...