HybridZ

Carburetion w/ a cold start injector??

SU'dCrazy280

Ok, here is my possible plan, don't know if it will work or if it is even possible, but I am having probs keeping my engine running at first when it is really cold out. I am currently living in Helena, MT and it is already well below freezing in the mornings. I have the Holley 390cfm with electric choke, and w/ an arizonazcar intake. The car is a 76 280Z, rebuilt engine, flat tops, cam, a holley red FP, and I still have the injection wiring harness balled up under the dash. (i know, a little ghetto) but the car fires right away when it is cold, but I have to have my foot on the pedal revving and revving to keep it running. is there some way that I could wire up a cold start injector type of deal so I could just go start my car in the winter and it would keep running, the choke just isn't doing the job. Is there some type of switch I could use? If possible I would just drill a hole in the manifold to put some sort of cold start injector in place. It would be nice to be able to just flip a switch and go let 'r run!! thanks, any input helps

Maybe all you need to do is adjust your fast idle cams so the engine revs stay high when the choke is on. Also get under the hood and ensure your choke is fully closing when cold. And also make sure there are no vacuum leaks or bad hoses.

You really shouldn't need a separate injector. Installing one will just cover up what is really wrong.

I found the problem, I took the carb off today to fix a little gas leak coming through a gasket and the little rubber plug that I put on the little vacuum tube toward the bottom of the carb was gone, so I fixed that and now it runs like a freakin champ in the cold!!! The butterfly is closed now when the engine is cold too. Thanks dude

The car is a 76 280Z... and I still have the injection wiring harness balled up under the dash. (i know, a little ghetto)

Just so you know, the fuel injection harness is a completely separate harness from any of the other wiring harnesses on the car. Since you are using the carb you can completely remove it with no ill effects on any other part of the car.