HybridZ

The only drift car I like...classy

OlderThanMe

Nice control...

I was about to laugh it off after the first lap or two, but he pulled it together pretty quickly, and kept it sideways for multiple laps...

Not bad for a car that obviously wasn't designed to do anything like that.

Would be really cool to see a vw based dune buggy do that.

Well since the fiberglass bodied dune buggies are lighter it would be easy for them to do. There are some videos out there of a 2.5 liter WRX powered beetle and it is completely insane. Bugs weigh like 1400 pounds stock and stripped down they are like 1200 plus whatever big fat motor you attach to the vw tranny. There are engine swap kits for anything from a rotary to a trition V10(for the pricey mendeola trannies).

I'll try to find that other video

Guest 280ZForce

i dont know why people call the old vw bugs, beetles and vice versa. It's like calling a 240z a 350z or vice versa. they are 2 different generations.

In Germany the old bug was actually called a "transporter" but that would not fly in the US and someone said it looked like a bug and it stuck...

I think it is like calling a 240 a "Z" and calling a 350 a Zed...they are somewhat swappable. Calling a first gen a ZX does not fly with me though. Or calling a ZX a Z. It just gets confusing at that point.

"Yeah my uncle had a 240ZX" is what I hear when I tell people I have a first generation Z. That drives me nuts.