HybridZ

2rz / 3rz

alsil

On www.classic-celica.com forums there is a post that has the whole list of Toyota motors, with displacements, output, weight, etc. I don't think there's dims, but there's another post there that has them. One of the members dropped a 2rz into his '78 I think, look under "Projects". I'd post a link but my work filters sites and that's one of them for some odd reason.

Because of the deep oil pan, it would have to be pushed as close to the firewall as possible, but I don't see it being taller than an L-series motor, especially with the intake not going over the valve cover. One company makes an intake that comes out the front, kind of like a shorter L28 intake.

Also check out http://www.customtacos.com/forum/

Hope that helps. :-D

Nice, thanks for the links.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

2 years later - and I'm thinking about it again.... it's funny how you come back to stuff.

I have a POS 2000 Honda Civic EX that does the craziest stuff - stereo turns itself off randmoly, weird electrical stuff, pops out of 2nd, AC rattles like crazy.... and it's only got 72k! So yea, I'm a little sick of it....

Might find myself a 240 again and do the swap.... could be a killer commuter, since I drive 36 miles each way to work.