HybridZ

Custom fuel injection "kit", any interest?

lt1will620

• Administrators
What kinda power did you make with that n42 intake? What throttle body did you run?

We didn’t dyno the car, the V-8 project came up before we got to that point, though it does run strong. The throttle body is a Nissan 60mm that I carved on so it would visually match the N-42 intake externally, also port matched the N-42 manifold for the 60mm, flipped the TB upside down and actuated it via a Teflon lined braided stainless throttle cable which will all be sold with the intake.

I do feel that for a race application, the OE EFI intake manifolds don’t allow the engine to run to its true potential. An ITB/IR set up would yield MUCH better upper end power than the OE manifolds.

A. i did use 100 octane timed at 36 degrees--- it wasnt tuned for 100 octane, i just did it to make sure i wasnt pinging...

B. i had yet to tune the SDS system, which the whole point of having SDS, is to tune the car perfectly...

C. i had a tranny that i had to shift with like a good 1.5 seconds to shift....it would grind horribly....

D. i had wheel spin all the way through first, and then in second, and STILL trapped my speed at around 108 MPH, which is a high 12 second time for an NA L28

will- the manifold looks great---hopefully some people will like it!!!!

if you could do it anyways, you could sell a lot of the designs on eBay...

• Administrators

D. i had wheel spin all the way through first, and then in second, and STILL trapped my speed at around 108 MPH, which is a high 12 second time for an NA L28

Bubble,

To clarify, you are using a Lonewolf intake?

I'm not having a go at you, I'm just curious why your signature say's 13.9 @102.7... is this a different car than the one you're describing?

Bubble,

To clarify, you are using a Lonewolf intake?

I'm not having a go at you, I'm just curious why your signature say's 13.9 @102.7... is this a different car than the one you're describing?

I'm not sure how accurate it is, but time slips seem to agree with this thought,(so does common sense if you really think about it) on camaroz28.com there was a big thread about trap speed vs. wheel spin...anyhow, verdict was that the more tire spin you had without EXCESSIVE loss of traction the higher your MPH would end up (longer time spent in your max power range), but the lower (obviously) your ET, so im assuming bubbles ran his fastest ET in the 13.90's@102MPH range, however the faster 108MPH (due to wheelspin), ide guess in the low 14 range.

but yes, this was with the Lonewolf intake and SDS

will is right on..

my BEST ET was at 13.97 at almost 103mph....

but i did get one i think 14.2 at 108mph..

all my runs at SEZ were NOT consistant. i had a crapy tires, crappy tranny, crappy engine tune with SDS running lean, and some other issues...

basically, with the car running right, it should be in the high 12's...

and yes, its an L28 engine with a slight .020 overbore, cam, SDS system, lonewolf intake, and LOTS of other things....

but basically a 2.8 liter 2+2 running right now in the 13 second range NA.

ohh and need i say my tires that i was runing????

205 All season tires :wink:

205 series. now ive got 215's, and they hook up a lot nicer...still not 225's though...

the moral of the story??? a stock EFI intake SUCKS. the lonewolf RIGHT NOW is the best bang for your buck with a pleume....if you want ITB's, i think wills setup would be killer for upper RPM driving...thus racing autoX

My runners vary by less than 1/8th of an inch between longest and shortest. thats less than a 2% variance, which is easily tunable with different length air horns.

I think I am actually goint to put my injectors right after the TBs. Id like to see how all of these different ITB set-ups turn out! should be interesting.

My runners vary by less than 1/8th of an inch between longest and shortest. thats less than a 2% variance, which is easily tunable with different length air horns.

I think I am actually goint to put my injectors right after the TBs. Id like to see how all of these different ITB set-ups turn out! should be interesting.

should be very interesting, not only are the runners unequal length, the fact that some of them are angled more that others bothers me...in the end, i dont know how much of a difference it will make, i cannot imagine much though...please post your results when you get some numbers! yours will be done long before mine

ms does not need a vacuum signal to work, Alpha-N mapping will work just fine for a race engine running a fuel delivery map using nothing more than engine speed versus throttle position. This is how they did it on the original Nissan Rally EFI setups, and how most EFI was programmed "in the beginning".

As for fuel injector placement, take a look at every single F1 setup out there, and you will see injectors at the mouth of the velocity stacks. Hovering above the bell. Can't get much further upstream than that, given current aerodynamic requirements.

There are lots of TB's out there that can be made to work, the Mazda 929 has an integral idle bypass screw, the Ford 460 unit Mack shows is big, and has the ability to change the pivot geometry with repositioning of the bellcrank to make tip-in on partial throttle driving more tractable.

Just remember that big throttle bodies make for tip in response that is beyond insane in it's touchiness. Work your throttle actuation carefully, something not progressive and fairly deadbanded just off idle would reward you with drivability in coming off from a standing start without racing the engine to the stratosphere.

Triple 45mm TWM ITB's and a Tilton Low Inertia flywheel will give our Bonneville car a 0-7500 "blip" in the wink of an eye. Atomization doesn't come into it, the injectors take care of that nicely----that big air gate makes for a lot of air that can get into the cylinder quickly with very little throttle application.

if theyre placed before the bellmouth though they cant spray directly at the plate or throttle bar due to 'fuel reversion" and thats not good! Its best to keep them nearest the port for street use and light track use for driveability sake. You could place them in the middle of the runners but I dont think you would notice a huge difference in power over having it at the port. peace.

• Administrators
i hate people who give excuse's over and over again.

braap. that looks like a fun itb set up.

gave me some new idea's!!!!

Are you thinking about something like that ITB for your N-47 head?

That ITB manifold pictured is for sale?…… MUHAHAHAHAH