HybridZ

Custom fuel injection "kit", any interest?

lt1will620

I've seen it, i know others saw it run too, it did that time at SEZ last year

OK but I have seen plenty of "quick" runs -- we even have video of a 300ZX TT in stock tune apparently running an 8 second pass --- due to faulty timing gear:burnout:.

I am more interested in the 60ft, 330ft, 1000ft data as the ET and terminal dont match typical normally aspirated times/speeds. (I have 20 years worth of drag data on Z's if anyone is interested including a genuine 8.46 1/4 done by a BBC powered 280ZX on gas in Pro ET class)

For a 2700lb car to pull a 13.9 it would take around 250 - 270 at the fly and mildly tuned NA L seiries engines dont do that easily, so it would be interesting to see any dyno runs etc to understand what else Mr Guniea has done to the engine

Cheers

I ran 13.0 with 5 cylinders with around 250 hp on a open r200 diffy and street tires... this was in a car that weighed 2650 lbs, and a 2.1 60' i believe. So his number seem right on to me even a little slow. But this is all off topic, Why pick on the ugly duckling?

Why pick on the ugly duckling?

Seriously, its just a 2+2, does anyone really care? hahaha, jk andrew

BTW, we built bubbles new flat top .040 over l28 last night, and im sure this one will produce some internet doubters as well, its gonna fly!

Now, back ON TOPIC, im thinking GSXR throttle bodies might be the hot ticket, they have injector bungs in the TB, so all that would have to be made is an intake manifold to suit them...could be a cheap, very bad ass setup, with readily available replacement parts too:burnout:

will last time i checked mark and i built the engine while you were working on the CBR!!!

and austin, thanks for the advice this afternoon---ive confirmed it with many sources...

and this block is .020 bigger than the last one! with a bigger camshaft, and a nicer P90 head!!! plus, i had what, 10psi in my rear tires at SEZ and they still spun? thanks Gabe for that trick :wink:

low 13's high 12's NA 2.8 here we come!!!!!

BAHHHHHHHHHHH

Lets just take the throttle bodies off of Kris' bike---he will never know!

Now, back ON TOPIC, im thinking GSXR throttle bodies might be the hot ticket, they have injector bungs in the TB, so all that would have to be made is an intake manifold to suit them...could be a cheap, very bad ass setup, with readily available replacement parts too:burnout:

How do you split them up? I've never seen them in person... Also, aren't they like 40mm?

If they are splittable anyone want to split a set? Buy 3 sets to make 2 setups.

Mario

How do you split them up? I've never seen them in person... Also, aren't they like 40mm?

If they are splittable anyone want to split a set? Buy 3 sets to make 2 setups.

Mario

On that note, would they take boost, and would there be an advantage to using them in a turbo setup other than the wow factor?

They are paired together, bolted. So two TB's per assembly. You would just unbolt the pairs, so you would have 3 assemblies, to mount on an intake, much like a triple webber setup. One would still have to fab a link to connect the throttle shafts, that or run 3 throttle cables.

they can be had on flea-bay for under $100 per set (4)

as far as advantages on a turbo car? maybe? try it and find out! ANY intake plenum seems like it would be some kind of restriction when under positive intake pressure.

maybe use a 6 to 1; or two 3 to 1 exhaust merge collectors backwards for splitting to the individual throttle bodies. That should flow extremely well...

Will what year gsxr are you talking about. i am very interested in looking into a setup like this. I was planning on making a run of "regular" manifolds over xmas break, but the idividual TB idea is definitly tempting.

just the ones i was looking at were 04-05, but im sure others will work too

mmmmmmmmmmmm 12.8 on a full-out race 3.1 liter stroker engine with MASSIVE port work in the head....in a 2700lb car.....

thats impressive :-

*yawn*

something tells me theres a weee little problem with a part in that system...seems it should run low 12's...with all that work....

but thats just my opnion.

Race motor is qualified by RACE gas motor in my book. I run this on crappy 91 octane fuel. I run a MILD 270 duration 470 lift cam, yea thats WAY mild for a 3.1 with this head work. That was the last time I ran it, it was HOT, etc. My motors are built to LAST unlike we can say for yours as youve built yours what 4 times in 1.5 years, and yet you dont do the work you PAY people to do it. Untill you do ALL the work yourself please keep your comments to yourself. Thanks.

this is why no one likes you bubbles. you dont know what you are talking about, yet you still come off as cocky. you have ONE freaking slip that shows a 14.2@108, the rest are 13.9's @ 102 to 103. Im willing to guess that one slip at 108 was a fluke of some sort seeing as how you have only ONE. let see what this motor does in YOUR car. Im guessing mid13s at best. and dont give any of these lame ass excuses. "oh, I have crappy tires" "oh. I dont know how to shift" yadda yadda yadda. Norm runs 12.8s on KUMHO 205 14s, that blows that excuse out of the water, what else do you have?

sorry to thread jack, but theres only so much I can take.

MAKE A RUN ON STREET GAS, then post your slip. also, if your car really does weigh 2500lbs, 200lbs makes a BIG difference. so, for 1 fast Z to knock a full second off of your time in a car that wieghs 200lbs MORE, that IS an acomplishment, all on pump gas, mind you.

a 13.9 on a 2.8 liter, 2700lb, 34 degrees timing, NA engine IS impressive...

a 12.8 on a full blow 3.1 liter in a 2800lb NA car is NOT impressive...

why is it that hard to understand?

*yawn*

im not saying my car is faster at all!!! im just saying, wow. 12.8ET with a full out 3.1 liter with fancy crank dampner and fancy oil pan! good job!!!

hell, norm runs what, 12.9 on a 2.9 liter!

and yes, my 13 second pass was a fluke. i bet the timing system at the track somehow messed up *double yawn*

bubble,

no one here, I don't think, is here to get in a pissing match. We're here to discuss different throttle body and fuel injection setups, not whether each of think someone else's car is unimpressive. The people here are trying to learn and make progress on their cars, and while it may be your opinion that someone's car is not great or whatever, it adds nothing to the thread to state that in a pretty rude manner. People who add useful and interesting information to a thread shouldn't feel like they're going to have to defend their work. It kills the tone of the forum, and makes people less willing to share and that hurts us all, because I am on here( as you are I would hope) to learn. I am not attacking you, just letting you know that saying negative things about peoples' cars, especially those who are trying to contribute positively to a discussion, can hurt the forum in general as well as the person whom the comment is directed to.

a 13.9 on a 2.8 liter, 2700lb, 34 degrees timing, NA engine IS impressive...

a 12.8 on a full blow 3.1 liter in a 2800lb NA car is NOT impressive...

why is it that hard to understand?

12.8 with a 3.1 is way impressive indeed:eek: , a Diablo runs a 12.4....and a Murcielago runs a 12 dead but they need around 500+HP to do it

You clearly have no concept at all of power to weight ratios by saying

a 12.8 on a full blow 3.1 liter in a 2800lb NA car is NOT impressive

There is a quantum leap between a modest 13.9 and a 12.8, thats over a second and at those speeds that over 10 car lengths.

So until you can do it, dont knock it.

BTW Bubble....You can use high school physics (mass x acceleration etc) to calculate with surprising accuracy your expected ET and trap....Newtons 3rd law of motion and all that.

Drag racers use programs like Quarter master etc to calculate likely 1/4 times given certain weather conditions, ratios, weights etc.. when I plug your numbers in,, (unless you are making nearly 270HP at the fly), they dont add up.

Maybe your timing slip could shed some light on it?

Anyway apologies for hijacking an interesting thread.

I would be very interested to hear from those running individual TB's what ECU's/injectors/duty cycles/fuel pressures/headers/collectors etc people are running, has anyone experimeted with runner or trumpet lengths or tapered throats.

maybe some of you have some dyno plots you would be willing to share.

So many questions:ugg: