HybridZ

feedback

Guest technomancer

forgiveable?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. forgiveable?

• Yes, if mine was that rusty, I'd chop the top off too...
    • No, I'd rather crush it than try to make it better...
    • I have no skills, and I'm just being spiteful...

Guest technomancer

Here is a link some of y'all may be famiar with...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2482594/1

Keep in mind, she is NOT finished yet, and needs some more tweaking to get-r-done. Just thought I would share.

2482594_2.jpg

I call it a Z- (and the "-" stands for (minus the top)) LOL.

To all the Z purists this might reach goto this site... http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=1&i=690500&t=690500 and disregard the guff.

P.S. My other car might turn into a submarine. ROTFLOL! (roll on the floor laugh out loud)

By way of explanation...

I put that curve across the rear deck, as a compromise from NOT lowering the strut towers, plus as natural blend of the curves (3) all meeting at that juncture, also don't the 350z's have a similiar curve(?) I also needed to tuck the shoulder belts in there. Mostly, as low as possible so as not to take away from the main body line that flows over the rear fender... Glad you liked it. I've always thought that the flat rear deck makes them look too much like a FIAT, or God forbid, an XKE. On the one I did years ago, I actually welded in the "boot section" out of a Triumph Stag. Ha. It fit like a glove, and was a complete afterthought, since I had already chopped the top off. That resulted in a flat u-shaped area, then a tapering curve towards the stern.

The "trunk" actually works, but is still missing a bit of metal astern. It was fabricated from the old hatch and hinge section. Not thinking, I kind of rushed the paint on. I also have the MSA type 2 fiberglass rear "bumper" to go on. Maybe even my olde rollbar, but I think it looks cleaner without it. Safety concerns aside.

Since this is supposed to be a sunny days only car, the canvas will come later, and I have a mind to totally mimic the missing roof, pulling the canvas all the way to stern, with a huge "window" therein. We'll see.

C

I like it... someone here in NC just completed one of those.. his was yellow as well...

Those S-30 convertables look great... but I would really be floored if someone came up with a convertable top for rain and cold...

and I like the ZX idea... I would have to see one though...

I have always hated convertibles because of my no a/c 1969 yellow 350/350hp corvette convertible in the old days. Muggy rainy Florida, no air, raining every day, leaking all over the place, fogged up windows, hot, hot, hot, can't see, therefore can't "punch it". Terrible.

However, yours looks fantastic. Keep it in the garage and drive it on a 70 degree cool clear day. Enjoy it, I think you did a fantastic job and it looks great.