HybridZ

ZX flare modifications (w/ pics) - Need Opinions

SteelToad

I got the Black Dragon flares tacked in place, and realized I wanted something a little more dramatic. What I'm thinking about doing is leaving the joint where the front half of the flare attaches to the fender with a small radius, as you go around to the back of the flare, smooth it out into the body.

I stopped by the body shop to mock it up, opinion there was about 50-50, half liked the flares alone, half liked it blended

Whaddya think ? ... (The camera really doesnt pick up the smoothness, and it was just a quick coat of primer)

blended-front.jpg

blended-top.jpg

blended-back.jpg

The small radius would definately be more dramatic but If you go 1/2 small radius 1/2 blended, I'm thinking it would look better with it blended in the front and small radius in the back. Just my opinion. It would look good either blended all the way or small radius all the way though.

To tell you the truth, I had never considered a blended front, and smaller radius joint in the back. Does anybody have a link to anything done like that.

I may have to try that on the other fender to see how it looks. The guys in the body shop are gonna have to put up with me some more :)

I was hoping that with the rear blended, it would exagerate the length of the car as well as the front wheel size. BTW, I edited out the tack welds in the pictures to get a better idea of how it would look